Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology Immigration Information

Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology Immigration Information

Immigration Information

All international students in Limkokwing are required to comply with policies implemented by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Here’s everything you need to know.

Immigration Policies

Please read through all the information carefully to minimize delay and other problems that may arise regarding your student pass. Alternatively, you may consult our marketing counsellors or email for assistance.

Requirements for New International Students:

  • You must have a minimum validity of 18 months (1 ½ year) in your passport in order to enter the country.

Procedure for New International Students:

  • To apply for your student pass, please coordinate and send all the necessary documents to the University’s marketing counsellors. They will submit this to the Immigration Department of Malaysia for processing. Please note that the Visa Approval Letter (VAL) processing will take 6 to 8 weeks after you submit your complete set of documents.
  • Once approved by Immigration, you may download your eVAL in EMGS website
  • All new students MUST go to the nearest Malaysian Embassy in origin country to obtain a Single Entry Visa (SEV) before entering to Malaysia. Please refer to this linkto check either your country requires the SEV.
  • The VAL is valid for only six (6) months. You should get your Single Entry Visa and come to Malaysia at least one (1) month before your VAL expires.
  • Once you get your Single Entry Visa and have made your travel arrangements, inform the University at least seven (7) working days before leaving your country. Please bring a copy of your VAL.
  • Post medical screening (medical check up requirement after obtain eVAL) should be done within 7 days with EMGS panel clinic upon arrival in Malaysia and you are require to submit the medical slip and your passport to Visa Unit at least 14 working days before your Social Visa (Entry stamp to Malaysia) expires. Late submission of your passport will require you to pay a penalty of RM 1200 (new students) and RM 1700 (alumni).
  • You are require to re apply as new student if your eVAL has expired. Please note there is no extension for eVAL renewal.
  • As required by the Malaysian government, international students MUST undergo two sets of health examination/medical check-up:
    • First health examination (pre medical screening) which should be done before apply your eVAL for student pass in origin country. Please refer to this link to check EMGS panel clinic in your origin country.
    • Please note that it is compulsory for students from India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka to attend medical screening at an EMGS Registered Clinic in their home country.
    • Second health examination (post medical screening) which should be done after obtain eVAL within 7 days upon arrival to Malaysia.
  • The eVAL is your letter from the Immigration allowing you to study in Malaysia.
  • Single Entry Visa is a stamp or sticker in your passport issued by the Malaysian Embassy

Immigration Advice for International Students

The International Students Club serves the needs of our growing population of students from overseas. Their purpose is to help international students like you adapt to the life at the University and in Malaysia, as well as help you get the most out of your stay by organizing a wide range of extracurricular and cultural activities.

Social/Tourist Pass

It is ILLEGAL to study in Malaysia under a social or tourist pass. Students are NOT ALLOWED to enter the country via any other pass other than the student visa. The