Limkokwing University College of Creative Technology Student Pass Renewal
Student Pass Renewal
Guidelines for Current International Students:
To renew your student pass, please bring your passport to the International Student Services Department (ISSD) at least 90 days before the expiry date of your visa. An administrative cost will be charged for students who do not renew within the allowed period.
Please also make sure you have a valid insurance before applying for your student pass renewal.
|No of day(s) before expiry date||Admin charges (RM)|
|Less than three (3) months||RM 1,700|
Fill out the student pass and immigration forms provided by ISSD. The supporting documents you need to provide are as follows:
- One (1) passport-sized photograph
- Receipt of tuition fee payment (one year’s fees for a one-year student pass)
- Immigration fee for student pass renewal (the fee varies from country to country)
- Three (3) full sets of passport copy: the main page and visa page in colour
Note: It takes around two months to process a student pass renewal, according to Education Malaysia Global Services (EMGS).
The approval of your student pass renewal is subject to:
- Passport: Your passport should have at least 18 months of validity.
- Attendance: You should have an attendance equal to or more than 95% upon first renewal and at least 80% on subsequent renewals. If you were absent for three (3) consecutive days in class, you need to provide a valid reason to the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
- Academic results: You must have a minimum 2.00 CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average). Anyone having less than a 2.00 CGPA will have to reapply, leave the country, and enter Malaysia with a new VAL.
- Please note that the Immigration Department of Malaysia has the right to cancel a student pass based on poor academic results and attendance.