NALEDI Finance Manager Vacancy In South Africa
NALEDI Finance Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
The National Labour and Economic Development Institute (NALEDI) is a nonprofit organisation formed in 1993 to carries out labour and economic research. NALEDI’s mission is to conduct policy-relevant research aimed at building the capacity of the labour movement to effectively engage with the challenges of the new South African society. Besides research, NALEDI’s work also includes managing multi-institutional projects at national and international levels.
NALEDI seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, based in Johannesburg.
- To maintain in high standard of financial management and financial discipline in NALEDI;
- Assist on strategic financial advise and monitoring on the overall organization finances and controls
- Line management function: Manage and oversee a team of finance and administrative staff
Roles and responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare annual budget forecast of the organisation
- Forecasting and cash management, and analysis of project financials;
- Prepare management accounts and present them to the Management Committee and the Board of NALEDI;
- Prepare supplementary schedules for forecasting and project information purposes to assist in decision making processes;
- Prepare and manage accounts receivables and payments in collaboration with finance administration;
- Assist the Executive Director of NALEDI in the development of the Annual Budget.
- Do analysis of project and programme variances on a monthly basis;
- Prepare administration expenditure reports on a monthly basis; and
- Develop and distribute to project managers, management accounts for each project on a monthly basis
- Develop financial reports to funders on request or in terms of the reporting requirements and
- Coordinate project audits as and when the need for them arises.
- Prepare and present to the Executive Director monthly cash flow analysis.
- Prepare NALEDI’s annual financial statements for submission to external auditors; and
- Coordinate the auditing of NALEDI’s annual financial statements
- Oversee and/or prepare monthly bank reconciliation of all bank accounts
- Review monthly general ledger for correct posting to the trial balance
- Ensure internal controls and adherence to financial policies and procedures of the organisation and PFMA
- Advise and provide financial input on proposal budgets to inform the funding model and financial viability of the project vis a vis NALEDI in collaboration with Director and where needed the research staff
- Diploma or degree in financial management
- Minimal of 5 year’s experience in a senior or middle management position- preferably within an NGO
- Excellent knowledge in accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of SAGE online Financial systems, pastel and advance excel experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience in managing project based funds of several funders and a ability to respond to the a variety of funding requirement and reporting styles.
- Excellent record keeping an tracking all project supporting documents for project reconciliation and funding reports, the audit and archives
- Interpret and analyse financial information
This vacancy is a fixed term contract available asap or soonest thereafter.
Please send applications to the following Emails Hameda@naledi.org.za and Rose@naledi.org.za
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to this page
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa