Bergrivier Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY
The Bergrivier Municipality is based in the Western Cape province of South Africa and is located within the West Coast District Municipality. It is a local municipality that governs the towns of Velddrif, Piketberg, Porterville and surrounding rural areas and villages.
The Bergrivier Municipality stretches over an area of more than 4400 square km, from the Groot Winterhoek Mountains to the Atlantic Ocean. It is bordered by
the Witzenberg Municipality, the Cederberg Municipality, the Swartland Municipality, the Saldanha Bay Municipality and the Drakenstein Municipality.
ABOUT THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Bergrivier Municipality invites students from the Bergrivier municipal area, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will cover studies towards a first Degree or National Diploma, in ANY field of study.
MORE ABOUT THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, books, study materials and accommodation.
Bursary funding will be paid directly to the institution where the recipient is studying.
Selected candidates will be required to sign a bursary agreement with the Bergrivier Municipality.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Bergrivier Municipal area
- You must study or intend on studying full time, towards your first Degree or National Diploma
- You must study or intend on studying at an accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must have passed the previous year’s studies if currently studying
- You must meet the entry requirements of your tertiary institution, for your selected programme of study
- Preference will be given to students between 18 and 35 years old, however, students of all ages may apply
- Preference will be given to students whose total family income (parents or legal guardians) is less than the GAP housing threshold
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Alternatively, application forms may be collected from the Human Resource Services Department in Piketberg.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results or Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record, including most recent results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of registration or acceptance at the tertiary institute (on institutions letterhead)
- Breakdown of study fees for the year (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residential address (municipal account)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (payslips or employment letter if employed, affidavit if unemployed, pension slips if applicable, proof of grant if applicable, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of disability, if applicable (medical doctors note)
- Completed POPI Consent Form (.pdf) – this gives consent to Bergrivier Municipality to investigate all details of your application form, including study records, residential address, parents or guardians income, personal information etc
Applications must be hand-delivered to either of the following municipal offices: Aurora, Eendekuil, Piketberg, Porterville, Redelinghuys, Velddrif.
Applications must be marked “Application for External Study Bursary”, and for the attention of Mr D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development)
Note: applications received via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BERGRIVIER MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
12 November 2021 (at 15:30).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Bergrivier Municipality directly:
Contact Person: Mr D Boumeester (Human Resource Officer: Training and Development)
Tel: 022 913 6055