Elman & Alfred Poole Southland Boys’ High School & Southland Girls’ High School Health Sciences Scholarship
|Value||$5,000 annually for three years of undergraduate study|
|Numbers offered||2 (One from Southland Boys’ High School and one from Southland Girls’ High School)|
|Closing Date||16 August|
There are two scholarships to be awarded annually to a boy and a girl graduating from Southland Boys’ High School and Southland Girls’ High School who intend to pursue degrees and careers in Health Sciences. The Elman and Alfred Poole Health Science Scholarship will reward students who also demonstrate leadership and commitment to community, peers and family.
Applications are open to intending students who:
- have been a Southland resident for three or more years; and
- attend either Southland Boys’ or Southland Girls’ High School in the year of application;
- excel in Science at secondary school and intend to enrol in the Health Sciences First Year course at the University of Otago in the year following the closing date with the aim of gaining admission into one of the competitive-entry Health Sciences Professional Programmes; and
- demonstrate leadership and commitment to community, peers and family.
- Download the Elman Poole Health Science Scholarship application form
- Download the Elman Poole Health Science Scholarship regulations