Grade 3 Class Educator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Foundation Phase – Grade 3 Class Educator
Grade 3 Class Educator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Business : Stedin College
Level : Educator
Location : Walmer, Gqeberha
Vacancy Number : HR/2022/04/EDUCATOR GRADE 3
Closing Date : 14 September 2021
Starting Date : 1 January 2022
Web Page : http://www.stedin.co.za
How to apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae via email with three contactable references, a letter of motivation and certified copies of degree certificate/s, a Police Clearance Certificate and their SACE certificate or proof of application to SACE to The Principal at the email below by 14 September 2021.
A dynamic, self-motivated, ethically driven and experienced Grade 3 Class educator is required. If you seek to make a difference to education in South Africa and enjoy working in a dynamic team this is the place to be.
Key Result Areas
Deliver quality education, including:
- High academic standards to be achieved.
- Ensure quality delivery of the curriculum.
- Keep abreast of educational innovations in SA and globally.
- To be responsible for the preparation and compilation of a grade’s work, the setting of tests and examinations within the framework of the planned programme for Grades 3.
- Set innovative tasks and alternative assessments
- Have a clear understanding of the CAPS document and implementation thereof
- The ability to teach and work with mixed ability classes
- Integrate technology in teaching.
- Provide academic support to pupils through extra lessons and tutorials.
- Involve the pupils in extension activities which build a love for learning.
Ensure good relationships with all stakeholders, including:
- Establish and sustain effective, positive relationships with all staff, learners, parents/guardians and the local community.
- Represent the school with high ethical standards.
- Formal reporting line is to the Principal.
- Coordinates with all relevant staff to ensure alignment of systems and development of best academic practice across the school.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- Minimum qualification of a 4-year degree in the Foundation Phase
- Ability to teach one subject in the Intermediate Phase.
- Two years’ minimum experience in the same or similar position
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Responsible for all duties as required of an academic educator
- Ability to work with students whose home language is not necessarily English
- Excellent interpersonal skills with students, colleagues, and parents
- Ability to adapt learning material and teaching methods to meet the needs of students
- Willingness to participate in the life of the school and in extra-mural activities.
- Suitably registered with the South African Council of Educators
- Computer literate and familiar with Google Classroom
- Experience in online teaching and distance teaching and learning
- Prepared to uphold the Christian ethos and values of Stedin College and Primary School
- Ability to lead and make decisions that are innovative.
- Ability to self-manage and manage risks responsibly.
- Strong relationship building and communications abilities.
- Management and implementation skills.
- Entrepreneurial approach.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to take own initiative.
- Team player.
- Conceptual, analytical and data skills.
- Solution orientated bias.
- Ability to perform under pressure and show tenacity.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Applications will be used for the above vacancy only and will be shredded after three months.
- Stedin College and Primary respects your privacy and will not share your personal information with any other party without seeking permission from you.
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of Stedin College who reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks from the closing date of this advert, should assume their application was unsuccessful. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.