iStudent Academy Bursary Competition South Africa 2023 – 2024
iStudent Academy Bursary Competition South Africa
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION – ISTUDENT ACADEMY
iStudent Academy is a private institution, which offers accredited full time, part-time and online qualifications and short courses in Information Technology, Graphic Design, Computer-Aided Draughting and Business. The Academy pride itself on offering small classes, centred around quality education to students passionate about technology.
The Academy has been operating since 1999 and has partnered with and achieved accreditation by prestigious quality assurance bodies – both in South Africa and internationally.
In 2021, iStudent Academy awarded over R440 000 in bursaries to deserving students.
ABOUT THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
iStudent Academy is inviting students to apply for their bursary competition, for the 2022 academic year. The Academy will be awarding 20 bursaries – 4 at each of their 5 campuses located in: Durban, Pietermaritzburg, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg and Cape Town).
The bursary will cover studies towards these SAQA accredited and Internationally accredited qualifications:
- 1 year IT (Microsoft Certified in Programming or Networking)
- 2 Year IT Engineering (Microsoft Certified Programming, Networking and Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 2 Year Graphic Design (Adobe Certified Associate)
- 2 Year Computer-Aided Design and Draughting (Autodesk Certified User)
MORE ABOUT THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY PROGRAMME – COURSES & COVERAGE VALUE
Read more about the courses offered at iStudent Academy here.
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees only. Students are required to cover all other expenses, which include but are not limited to accommodation, meals, travel, etc.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric OR must be currently in Matric
- You must be 30 years old or younger
- You must intend on studying full-time towards one of the following qualifications in 2022 (this must be your first choice of study)
- You must read and agree to the Terms & Conditions (listed below)
- You must have attended an iStudent Academy Open Day or Workshop
- You must be fluent in English as lectures and study materials are in English (able to read, write and speak in English)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
All applicants must read and agree to these T&C’s before applying:
- You must meet all of the minimum entry criteria.
- You must apply before or on the closing date.
- If you are successful in being awarded the bursary, you will be required to pay the registration fee within 60 days of acceptance and follow the standard registration process.
- Bursary recipients may be required to complete an entrance exam in order to confirm they qualify for the specific course.
- Successful bursary recipients will be announced on 27 November 2021, and further details will be provided closer to the time.
- Bursary recipients must be willing to be interviewed and photographed for any promotional or marketing material by iStudent Academy.
- Final decisions will be made by the panel of judges.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
Download and complete the iStudent Academy Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Letter of recommendation to support your application (from your school or work)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians 3 months bank statements
- Essay based on the title: “My passion for technology”
Applications may be submitted in one of the following ways:
Delivery to any of these iStudent Academy Campuses:
– Durban Campus: 16 Peter Mokaba Ridge, Berea, Durban, 4001
– Pietermaritzburg Campus: 460 Town Bush Road, Pietermaritzburg 3201 Cascades, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
– Bloemfontein Campus: 6 Bermakor Park, 52 Reid St, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9301
– Johannesburg Campus: 0B Forest Road Pineslopes Office Park Block C, Sandton, 2191
– Cape Town Campus: 1 Century City Dr, Century City, Cape Town, 7441
CLOSING DATE FOR THE ISTUDENT ACADEMY BURSARY
31 October 2021.
(Applications submitted after these dates will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the iStudent Academy (Pty) Ltd directly:
Durban Campus – Tel: 031 277 2001
Pietermaritzburg Campus – Tel: 031 277 2002
Bloemfontein Campus – Tel: 087 255 9627
Johannesburg Campus – Tel: 011 465 1405
Cape Town Campus – Tel: 021 824 1170