KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship South Africa; ABOUT THE COMPANY – KAS & SAIIA
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is a German political foundation which aims to promote democracy by way of political education and training. KAS operates globally, with offices also located in Cape Town and Johannesburg, South Africa.
South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) is an independent, non-government research institute located in South Africa, which focuses on regional and international issues.
ABOUT THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is inviting postgraduate students to apply for scholarship funding, for the 2022 academic year, run by the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA).
The scholarship will cover Masters degree in any of these fields: Economics, International Relations, Journalism, Law or Political Science, at University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University or University of the Witwatersrand.
The scholarship will cover 1 year of studies, for the following expenses: tuition fees, as well as a monthly stipend for accommodation and general living expenses. Scholars will also be assigned a mentor and will receive funding to complete a full-year internship at SAIIA.
Scholarship recipients will be required to:
- Make satisfactory academic results.
- Commence studies at the stipulated start date and before the registration closing date.
- Satisfy the conditions of your academic offer (if it is a conditional offer).
- Notify the funding department of any other scholarships or sponsorship held or awarded for the 2022 year of study.
- Act in an ambassadorial role, to provide student profiles or testimonials if required, as well as attend scholarship or recruitment events as required.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African resident (or eligible for residency status)
- You must be under the age of 30 years old
- You must intend on studying towards a Masters degree in 2022
- You must intend on studying at one of these Universities: University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University or University of the Witwatersrand
- You must meet the minimum requirements for a Masters degree at your selected University
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
Applications must be submitted online for the following position:
KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship Application 2022
After completing the application above, candidates will receive an email with further application instructions.
(Applicants must read and agree to the KAS-SAIIA-Scholarship T&C’s before applying.)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Support or endorsement letter from a current lecturer for enrollment into a Masters Programme
- Curriculum Vitae with a minimum of 1 additional written reference
- Full academic record to date
- 2 samples of your own writing
- Motivational letter explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and why you should be selected (2 pages in length)
- Research area of interest and/or a potential topic for your Masters Dissertation (maximum 100 words)
NOTES ABOUT THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
1) Successful candidates will be required to submit the following documents:
Proof of enrollment or acceptance for 2022 at University of Cape Town, Stellenbosch University or University of the Witwatersrand.
2) Successful applicants will receive an email with an official scholarship offer – this must be responded to within 14 days (whether you accept or reject the offer). Students who do not respond will result in the offer being withdrawn.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE KAS-SAIIA-SCHOLARSHIP
15 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) directly:
Contact person: Christiaan Endres (Project Manager)
Tel: +27 (11) 214 2900-204