Kuyasa Learnership 2023 – 2024
About the Kuyasa Learnership Program
The KUYASA Learnership in Generic Business Management is an annual 1-year Banking and Microfinance sector learnership that is funded by BANKSETA.
BANKSETA pays for the recruitment of those who have graduated into learnerships, as well as paying a monthly stipend (allowance) for each learner, a training provider to train the learners, and learner support.
The registered employer hosts the learners and provides on-the-job workplace training for them. Theoretical training is also given, in a classroom setting by a registered, accredited training provider, and at a venue organized by the employer.
The banking sector in South Africa is committed to transformation, and the KUYASA learnerships form part of the government’s National Skills Development Strategy to create skills and lessen poverty and unemployment.
KUYASA learnerships are available to those with the necessary qualifications. They consist of both theoretical and practical training in the key role the banking sector plays in forming the economic, social and political landscape in South Africa.
The Kuyasa learnership will give you the opportunity to learn the skills and gain the knowledge, correct workplace behaviour and attitude that are required for management in the Banking and Microfinance sector.
Learners will earn a stipend for the duration of the learnership.
Kuyasa Learnership Requirements
Candidates who meet the following requirements should apply:
- A completed B degree or a 3 Year Tertiary qualification with major subjects such as Financial Accounting or Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Marketing, Risk Management, or Law.
- Major subjects such as Arts, Biblical Instruction, Languages, Geography, Music, History or Production Management will NOT be considered.
- The BANKSETA welcomes applications from persons with disabilities (Disabled applicants must provide a medical certificate confirming the nature of the disability).
- Applicants must be a South African citizens in possession of a valid SA ID
- You must have a clear credit record (ITC)
- Candidates may not have a criminal record
- You must be unemployed
- Candidates must be fluent in both written and verbal English and be able to communicate easily with people
- You must present a professional image
- Applicants may not have any pending employment offers
- You must be under the age of 30 years
- Computer literate and have numeric competence is a must
- You must provide a positive recommendation or an official testimonial from a previous learning institution, school or church
- Applicants will be placed as near as possible to the address provided on your application form. You will not be able to transfer during the learnership
- You may not be involved in other studies from 1 Jan 2014 to 31 Dec 2014
- The following documents must be attached to your application or it will be disqualified:
- A CERTIFIED COPY of your Identity Document ( Certification of documents can be done by a Commissioner of oaths at a police station or bank)
- CERTIFIED COPY of your Testimonial
- A CERTIFIED COPY of your Senior Certificate/Equivalent Certificates in the case of learners with disabilities
- DISABLED LEARNERS: Attach a medical certificate as proof of the nature of your disability. Do not send original documents, attach certified copies.
BANKSETA KUYASA Learnership in Generic Business Management
There is no guarantee of employment once you complete the KUYASA learnership, but about 75% 85% of those who successfully completed the learnership over the past few years were offered permanent employment in the banking sector.
It is important that you take this learnership seriously and show your willingness, positive attitude, motivation to do well and potential at all times as this is what will get you job offers.
The learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
Kuyasa Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the KUYASA Learnership, you must complete an application form in your own handwriting.
- You can get the Application for Admission to the KUYASA Learnership form by clicking on this link, which will download the form directly onto your computer or phone.
- If you have any problems downloading the form, you can contact BANKSETA directly to find out where to collect it physically
- You can collect an application form from any Kelly office; you can find the address of the nearest one in your local telephone directory or on their website
- Visiting www.kelly.co.za and downloading an application form OR
- You can also request an application form from Kelly by emailing them at KUYASA.email@example.com and requesting a form.
- When applying for the learnership, make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. KUYASA Learnership: Gauteng Region.)
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Fax, email or hand-deliver all application forms to Kelly on or before 31 August as per details on the application forms.
- Interviews will be conducted from August to October at a venue closest to you
- Application forms that are late, incomplete or unsigned will not be accepted
- Incorrect or invalid details on your application will immediately disqualify you
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
- Candidates not contacted for an interview by the end of October 2023, should assume that their application was unsuccessful.
- Placement will be in Johannesburg, Midrand, and Pretoria.
Remember that you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a learnership in an area nearest to where you live.
Completed application forms with all necessary attached documents can be mailed (posted at the post office) to your nearest Kelly Office as per the addresses given on the application form or by e-mailing them using the specific e-mail address for your nearest office, also provided in the application form.
Employment Equity targets will apply. The BANKSETA welcomes applications by learners with disabilities. For more information look here.
You must be able to attend formal training blocks in Johannesburg and Pretoria and will be responsible for your own transport costs.
Kuyasa Learnership Closing Date
Application forms will be accessible from the 17th of July. Applications for this learnership close on 31 August. It is highly recommended that you apply as soon as possible as time is short.
READ ALSO: Latest Learnerships in South Africa
Listed below are different sectors of the Government in South Africa that are offering Learnerships. These government Learnerships are very popular among the SA public. We are working on extending the list as there are many departments offering Learnerships.