Manager Programme Management MTN Vacancy
Manager Programme Management MTN Vacancy
Manager Programme Management
The Manager: Program Management is responsible to execute and implement on the multiple projects involving cross-functional teams, including MTN Opco’s to ensure the optimal running of Group Enterprise.
Coordinating with the Opcos, Executive and rest of GEBU managers as well as other functions, the manager will drive the implementation and overall performance consolidation and reporting for the various stakeholders, ensuring the GEBU message is consistent across the board. The Manager will use all the various forums and interlocks to provide insightful insights to the various units and Opcos to ensure transparency and accountability is met at the highest level. As the custodian on the Maturity Models and Blueprints, the Manager, will develop and monitor the various governance processes for best practice sharing and work standards. They will also be responsible to ensure the development of the Dashboard that helps to drive facilitate this knowledge sharing, particularly to the Opcos, but also within the different Manco teams. The role will also provide industry benchmarking and trends to ensure continuous alignment and staying abreast of the latest best practices, policy and continuous improvement across the teams
MTN is entering a new phase in its lifecycle where operational and commercial excellence has become critical for success. The urgency for change has become more heightened amidst increased competitive intensity across all markets in which MTN operates. The business development manager must therefore ensure the successful delivery in context of:
- MTN positioning as the best connectivity provider in Africa and the Middle East
- MTN decision to centralise the management and solution creation of Regional MNC accounts
- Rapidly changing ICT environment
- The geographic complexity of MTN’s foot print across Africa and the Middle East
- Management of executive and local shareholder expectations across all 22 OpCos
- Achievement of top quartile operating efficiency and effectiveness through scale and common processes
- Driving growth through business intelligence and standardization to maximize business impact
- Management of customer and supplier expectations
- Enhance MTN position as a leading network and system provider
- Constant dynamics and local challenges in the economic, regulatory and legal environments
The Manager: Program Management will be accountable to achieve the following objectives:
- Custodian of GEBU Ways of Working – holder of this Policy and ensures frameworks and structures are developed to create this cohesive approach of working
- Leads and ensures the execution of all GEBU priorities throughout the company and across all OpCos (e.g., Enterprise Maturity Index, MNC 2.0, CoE interlock)
- Responsible for the effective implementation of the EBU Frameworks, Maturity
- Models and Blueprints, by means of providing direction, structure, models, plans and roadmaps and ensure cross functional alignment and proper understanding of the frameworks.
- Establish and maintain a “Best Practice DIGITAL Hub” for GEBU and effectively manage all related information sharing, best practice communication, thematic reviews and ‘lessons learned’ specific reviews of methodology, process or execution to avoid or mitigate a risk
- Support the annual Growth Planning Cycle – ensuring interlock with various functions and units for uniformity
- Provide reports on a periodic basis to Senior Management relating to progress made within the various functions and in accordance with the measurement metrics set by the organization
- Custodian of all GOC Packs to ensure the highest level of quality is presented. Drives follows up on all matters from GOC to ensure accountability and followup
- Develop and implement the policies and procedures that will govern the maintenance and updating of Standards and Methodology across the following areas: Value Propositions & Segments: Large Enterprise Sales, Small and Medium Enterprise & MNCs
- Owner and driver of all Group Governance Structures and owner of Forums e.g. EBUConnect, Top 7 Market, BOLTOn, GEBU Leadership Meetings, GEBU Communications to various stakeholders as per the schedule of the GEBU
- Executive. Continuously measures the effectiveness of forums and ensures there is Continuous Improvement initiatives and corresponding actions against all the forums
- Establishment and management of GEBU Charters and Change Advisory Board
- Effectively manage all Group Enterprise Best Practice and Continuous Improvement initiatives and corresponding actions
- Establish group wide Enterprise Business management standards and policies including processes to manage deviations or Group Risk;
- Identify best in class Enterprise management standards and practices across Telecommunications as well as ICT, identifying emerging trends and threats and incorporating them into MTN and GEBU ways of working;
- Establish and maintain mechanisms and capabilities for improved Inter Opco Collaboration and communication of best practice initiatives.
- Responsible to provide support and assistance on performance management processes for the GEBU MANCO team by periodically setting, reviewing and tracking KPI’s and ensuring efficient cascading of targets.
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of GEBU MANCO Programmes and Projects, timely management of any deviations or risks.
- Minimum 4-year Academic Degree in Business, Management
- Post graduate qualification (MBA/CA/ Masters as advantage)
PMP/ITIL/Six Sigma advantageous
- At least 5-8 years relevant project management experience or in operations/process management
- 3-5 years in experience in the telecom industry
- 3-5 years in consulting environment or similar (process engineering)
- Experience in developing and deploying project best practices, policies, procedures, and processesCompetencies:
- Storytelling Skills: Highly competent in building strong powerpoint storylines, using insights gathered from various stakeholders. Able to craft various forums to support the Executive in delivering the GEBU story
- Resilience and agility: Ability to lead complex, ambiguous, high profile programs and deal with the volatile nature of a program environment
- Leadership skills: Ability to get along with, listen to, speak to, and manage people’s expectations. Strong communication skills at all levels and the ability to easily collaborate with teams, internal / external stakeholders with or without formal reporting relationships
- Problem Solving skills: Analytical and critical thinking are essential in evaluating problems and reaching solutions. This skill requires at times logical methodical approach and in other situations creativity and lateral thinking. Persuasion and negotiation will be also important.
- Execution and Implementation Skills: Reliability, results-oriented, proven track record of delivery and can-do attitude
- Challenger mind-set: Ability to engage with senior business stakeholders and challenge the status quo utilizing data analytics and problem-solving capabilities
- Holistic View and Attention to Detail: Balancing the big picture view and attention to detail is a crucial skill to build trust with stakeholders at all levels.
- Developing strategies and producing error-free deliverables, shows that the Transformation office is thorough and recommendations are solid.
- Prioritisation management: Ability to make best out of the allocated time and resources
- Project Management
- Performance Management
- Business / Process Analysis
- Internal and external Stakeholder/Relationship Management
- Regional and international travel (if required)