N G Stewart Scholarship
|Closing date||15 January|
The N G Stewart Scholarship is awarded to a student of the University who has a disability that makes attending university a challenge.
The N G Stewart Scholarship was established in 2003 with funds bequeathed by Norman George Stewart (1913-1997) through the Stewart Coombs Trust. Mr Stewart was Managing Director of the Dunedin company J K Mooney New Zealand Limited, an exporter of wool and skins, and also served as a Director of a number of Dunedin companies. After returning from service with the Royal Navy during the Second World War he became interested in assisting with the rehabilitation of disabled servicemen in Dunedin.
- Be a New Zealand citizen or New Zealand permanent resident
- Have a disability of at least six months or longer
- Be intending to enrol, or already be enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the University of Otago
A student who has held the scholarship may apply again for up to a further two years, provided that he or she continues to make satisfactory progress in all respects.
- Download the N G Stewart Scholarships Application Form
- Download the N G Stewart Scholarships Referee’s Report
- Download the N G Stewart Scholarships Regulations