National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE
National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa | The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) are responsible for promoting a system of Disaster Management, especially focused on prevention and mitigation by Municipal, Provincial and National organs of state and other role players and communities. The NDMC is part of the Department of Provincial and Local Government.
ABOUT THE NDMC BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) is inviting students to apply for their bursary programme, for the 2022 academic year.
The bursary will provide funding for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, towards a qualification in Disaster Management (or a related field).
MORE ABOUT THE NDMC BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, learning resources allowance (to the maximum value of R5 500) and a research allowance (to the maximum value of R11 000).
Successful candidates will be contacted by 31 December 2021 at the latest – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful. Bursary recipients will be required to sign a bursary contract with DCoG, through the NDMC.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE NDMC BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying/ applied to study/ accepted to study/ registered to study towards a Disaster Management qualification, or in a field associated with Disaster Management
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification (excluding Certificates and PHD qualifications)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised public institution of Higher Education Learning in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for each subject in Matric, if not studying yet
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 50% for all major subjects if currently studying
- You must have a total household income of LESS than R350 000 per year
- Preference will be given to students pursuing studies towards a Disaster Management qualification
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NDMC BURSARY
2) Download and complete the NDMC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Hardcopy applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Post: The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X804, Pretoria, 0001
– Hand-delivery: 1303 Heuwel Avenue, Riverside Office Park, Letaba House, Second Floor, Centurion, 0046
Note: applications submitted via email will NOT be accepted.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- 2021 academic results, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of application/ acceptance/ registration at a public tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Latest academic results/ transcripts, if pursuing postgraduate studies
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of grant or pension if applicable)
- Disclosure of any other source of financial support
CLOSING DATE FOR THE NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE BURSARY
5 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) directly:
For online application enquiries contact either of these people:
– Mr Alpheus Mashigo (Cell: 082 942 9517, Email: Alpheusm@ndmc.gov.za)
– Mr Obert Hlungwani (Cell: 072 186 0092, Email: Oberth@ndmc.gov.za)
– Mr Confidence Selomo (Cell: 072 186 0129, Email: Confidences@ndmc.gov.za)
For all other queries, contact either of these people:
– Mr Mokhurumelo Herold Kgwetiane (Tel: 012 848 4615, Cell: 060 983 6914, Email: email@example.com)
– Ms Koketso Muriel Mpshane (Tel: 012 848 4654, Cell: 073 426 3410, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)