Provincial Technical Officer x2 South Africa
Provincial Technical Officer (x2) (Mpumalanga Province), South Africa
Provincial Technical Officer x2 South Africa
- Organization: FHI 360
- Country: South Africa
- City: Pretoria
- Office: FHI 360 Pretoria
- Follow @UNjobs
Locations : South Africa (Any)
Time type : Full time
Job requisition id : Requisition – 2021202081
Key Responsibilities/Description: Under the supervision of the DREAMS SAB Provincial Manager, The DREAMS Provincial Technical Officer will be responsible for coordinating and managing the implementation of DREAMS Safe Spaces for AGYW and ensure layering and linkages to the DREAMS core package of services at a district and sub-district level. The Provincial Technical Officer will supervise and support the AGYW Field Youth Workers to coordinate and monitor implementation of ES and SAB activities in safe spaces. S/he will report to the DREAMS Provincial Manager (SAB), in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) DREAMS project.This initiative is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), as part of the (CDS) program
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Support the AGYW Field Youth Workers in the identification of safe spaces in communities, working closely with community gatekeepers/stakeholders and DREAMS partners where AGYW will be mentored, including vetting of Safe Spaces and ensure they meet 100% criteria.
- Management and Coordination of district/sub-district DREAMS implementation activities, including overseeing, mentoring, layering and referrals for AGYW to and from safe spaces,
- Support the ES Provincial Manager and ES Linkage Officers to source, manage and coordinate ES networks, relationships with funders, employers and government or parastatal organizations at a district and sub-district level.
- Lead stakeholder engagements at District/sub-district level and strengthening the bidirectional referrals with all PEPFAR and non PEPFAR Implementing Partners (initiating and leading the bi-directional meetings, receiving the referrals and ensure distribution to MS and mentors, as well as providing feedback to the referring IPs within the agreed timelines.
- Work with ES Linkage officers to coordinate training activities and other ES linkages for the AGYW in Safe Spaces.
- Provide individual and group supportive supervision sessions to AGYW Field Youth Workers and ensure supportive work environment and provision of program tools necessary to do their work.
- Support data capturers to ensure quality checks and consolidation of daily, weekly and monthly data reports from Safe Spaces and submit to SI Officer and Provincial Manager for data capturing and reviews.
- Provide progress update on implementation and address any challenges, including compilation of district/sub-district PowerPoint slides for progress review meetings.
- Compile compressive monthly progress reports for the district/sub-district and submit to PM on agreed timeframes.
- Lead the recruitment and selection process of AGYW Field Youth Workers, Learner Support Agents and AGYW Mentors, including facilitation of program orientation.
- Ensure compliance with HR requirements for AGYW Field Youth Workers, Learner Support Agents, and AGYW Mentors, including the review and approval of bi-weekly and monthly timesheets as well as quarterly, midterm and end of the year performance reviews.
- Contribute to the development of DREAMS project’s technical weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and work plans.
- Participate in data validation exercises, through working closely with SI officers and data captures
- Represent DREAMS project at district/ sub-district partners and stakeholders engagements.
- Work with DSDs, OVC IPs and Home affairs stakeholders to ensure that all AGYW are linked to ID Application.
- Lead the strategic planning for the district/sub-district with AGYW Field Youth
- Complete routine and ad hoc reporting as required
- Plan and facilitate technical trainings to AGYW Field Youth Workers and AGYW
- Mentors in the project, including training on YouthPower Action Curriculum
- Compile training report for district/sub-district and maintain a database of trained project staff (Mentor AGYW Field Youth Workers and AGYW Mentors)
- Identify training needs of AGYW Field Youth Workers, LSAs and AGYW Mentors to improve the quality of mentoring and reporting cw1VSji Dmludy
- Monitor quality assurance of mentorship within safe spaces for all AGYW in the project, include YPA sessions observations and review of project documentation
- Capacitate AGYW Field Youth Workers, Learner Support Agents and AGYW Mentors on other PEPFAR and non PEPFAR interventions, through working with other partners (including clinical services such as PrEP, HTS as well as CSE, IMPower, steppingstone, GBV to strengthen bi-directional referrals of AGYW)
- Facilitate Weekly, monthly, and quarterly debriefing sessions for AGYW Field Youth Workers and AGYW mentors
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate and facilitate program orientation for AGYW Field Youth Workers,
- Learner Support Agents and AGYW Mentors
Required Qualifications, Experience/Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its international equivalent in social sciences, health, human development, or related field.
- At least 5 years project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of capacity building and training as well as staff management.
- Experience managing, supervising, and building the capacity of project teams
- Experience in managing community-based risk reduction interventions
- Experience in rapid community appraisal and engaging Civil Society.
- Implementation of Safeguarding modules and reporting mechanism knowledge
- Training in HTS, PrEP and LIVES will be an added advantage
- Experience in mentoring and coaching of Adolescent Girls and Young Women
- Experience in developing Quality Assurance Plans
- Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government district officials and the NGO community.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
* Flexibility and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Well-developed computer skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Valid South African driver’s licence and reliable car.
- Eligibility to work in South Africa and reside in the DREAMS implementation district
- 60%-80% travel time
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself