Rangeland Ecologist At Northern Botswana Environmental Consultancy Company
The position requires the undertaking of rangeland and ecological assessments in support of the development of management plans and sustainable development projects. The position will require the drafting of detailed technical reports and associated presentations in both the public and private sectors. The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of project management including the management and coordination of external consultants, as well as the financial administration of the projects. The position will be based in Maun and will involve traveling around the region.
- At least 7 years of experience in the southern African region with at least 5 years of experience in the management and administration of projects in the field of conservation, natural resources or environmental management in both the public and private sectors.
- A PhD in Ecology or similar field and be an affiliated member of a professional organisation.
- A full driving licence is mandatory.
Required areas of expertise:
- Excellent technical report writing and academic publication skills, as well as excellent presentation and communication skills, with an understanding of how to tailor content to the desired audience.
- Excellent understanding of current and emerging environmental issues affecting northern Botswana and the surrounding region. This should include a good understanding of relevant legislation and policies.
- Experience of working in collaboration with university-based academics, field researchers and
environmental consultants. ^
Compliments of the New Year to all Jobs Botswana Subscribers.Get your CV and Cover letter done for P100.
Pay with Orange Money on number 76981238 or EWallet to 76981238
Contact us on Whatsapp – 76981238. (Only WhatsApp)
CLICK LINK BELOW TO CHAT DIRECT ON WHATSAPP
- Experience working in remote environments undertaking ecological surveys with minimal supervision.
- Good IT literacy and demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office. ArcGIS and R Statistics- Competencies:
The successful candidate should be comfortable working In both a field and office environment They should have good interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team, with respect for and sensitivity to multicultural approaches. They should be able to organise and manage their own time effectively, have great attention to detail and be .iblc to work to tight deadlines.
- JOB APPLICATION DETAILSProspective candidates should submit a detailed covering letter and CV in writing clearly indicating relevant qualifications, and work experience to The Managing Director, ESA, PO Box HA 77 HAK, Maun (Tel 72674S49) of tiy email to the- following address: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Monday 10th February 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted,