Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY
Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary South Africa | Stellenbosch Municipality (officially known as Stellenbosch Local Municipality), is a sector of the South African government. Stellenbosch Municipality is responsible for governing the towns of Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Pniel and surrounding rural areas within the Western Cape province. The Stellenbosch Municipality falls within the Cape Winelands District Municipality and is bordered by The City of Cape Town Municipality, Theewaterskloof Municipality, the Breede Valley Municipality and Drakenstein Municipality, Cape Winelands District.
Stellenbosch is the 2nd oldest town in South Africa, founded in 1679 by the previous Governor of the Cape, Simon van der Stel. Stellenbosch is well known for its exquisite wines, fruit, beautiful cultural landscapes and breathtaking scenic quality.
ABOUT THE STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Stellenbosch Municipality is inviting students who reside within the Stellenbosch Municipality’s municipal and surrounding areas, to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries are available for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Infrastructure (Civil Engineering and Quantity Surveying)
The bursary is made available by a collaboration between Stellenbosch Municipality and the Western Cape Government, via the Provincial Treasury Department.
MORE ABOUT THE STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – SELECTION
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 20 working days after the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback within this time frame, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Stellenbosch Municipality reserves the right to not award any bursaries, should suitable candidates not be located.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must permanently reside within the Stellenbosch Municipality’s municipal or surrounding areas
- You must have completed Matric or you must be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one field listed above in 2022 (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a registered Higher Educational and Training Institution in South Africa
- You must be currently unemployed youth
- You must have a strong academic record
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Download and complete the Stellenbosch Municipality Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, including latest results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of address (Municipal account, affidavit) (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
71 Plein Street
(Attention: HR Specialist: Training & Skills Development, Human Resource Services)
PO Box 17
Note: applications submitted via email or fax will NOT be accepted.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE STELLENBOSCH MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
19 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Stellenbosch Municipality directly:
Contact person: Ms Michelle Langeveldt
Tel: 021 808 8977