The Lunchbox Fund Fundraising and Communications Director Vacancy In South Africa
The Lunchbox Fund Fundraising and Communications Director Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
The Lunchbox Fund (LBF) helps vulnerable and food-insecure children in South Africa get the education they desperately need to build a life free of poverty for themselves and their families.We provide a nutritious daily school meal to children who would otherwise go hungry in townships and rural areas across South Africa. Our meals create an incentive for caregivers to enrol their children in school, as well as improving a child’s capacity to learn and develop while they are there. We believe no child should be kept from learning by hunger. The Lunchbox Fund was founded in 2004 by Topaz Page-Green in response to the education crisis faced by millions of hungry children throughout South Africa. We began by feeding 100 children most in need at a high school in Soweto. Since then, we have grown significantly and now provide a daily meal to 30 000 children in 957 schools across all nine provinces in South Africa.
The Lunchbox Fund is looking for an exceptional fundraising and communications director to join our small and dynamic team. As part of our strategic growth plan, we are focused on growing our donor base across the US, UK and South Africa. We are looking for a well-connected, experienced professional, to help us continue to do this.
Reporting to: Managing Director of The Lunchbox Fund
Hours: Full Time position
Salary: Negotiable dependent on Experience
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a multi-region fundraising strategy in partnership with the Managing Director.
- Coordinate baseline annual fundraising targets with organisational strategic objectives and budget.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain relationship with individuals, corporations, government agencies, foundations, assisting LBF to meet funding goals.
- Identify and cultivate new funding opportunities across donor types, assisting LBF to meet funding goals.
- Nurture and develop current institutional and individual donor relationships, assisting LBF to meet funding goals.
- Marketing and Communications:
- Develop and maintain LBF’s marketing and branding strategy and materials, including content, website, social media, marketing materials and newsletter.
- Prepare written and verbal proposals, concept and informational materials, agreements, and other materials needed to secure major donations.
- Create donor-related materials: print and electronic appeals, stewardship communication, and meeting documents.
- Maintain activity and prospect reporting.
- Assist with maintenance of e-tapestry supporter database and photo library.
- Represent organisation publicly when required, to grow LBF’s profile and impact.
- Conduct regular appraisals of fundraising approach and performance. Evaluate areas needing focus and growth.
- Write and provide direct input to funder reports and track performance against the development plan.
- Communicate regularly with donors.
- Assist LBF team with overall implementation of Nutrition Program as needed.
- Research and remain updated on current/ongoing best practices within school nutrition interventions.
- Make recommendations for current nutrition programme accordingly.
- Assist in retaining national footprint, targeting beneficiaries most in need, and identifying growth priorities through up to date heat mapping, research, and stakeholder liaison.
- Assist in developing nutrition education materials for LBF schools and beneficiaries.
- Education and Experience
- 5 years+ experience in a Fundraising or Marketing role within a charity
- Communications experience preferable
- Bachelor’s degree, or other relevant tertiary qualification, in marketing, public relations or a relevant field.
- Skills and Other Attributes
- Proven track record of lead generation and raising sizeable amounts of funding
- Track record of writing effective proposals
- Confident communicator and presenter
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, with the ability to work independently and seize opportunities
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing effectively.
To Apply: Send a copy of your current, up to date CV/Resume along with a letter of introduction to: Sue Wildish, Lunchbox Fund Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to this page
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa