University of Otago Graduate Research Committee
The Graduate Research Committee is a sub-committee of the Board of Graduate Studies (BOGS), and has delegated decision-making powers for operational graduate research matters. It also provides advice to the Board of Graduate Studies on policy and regulations regarding graduate research.
Terms of Reference
- To provide academic oversight of the graduate research degree programmes at the University of Otago;
- To make decisions on behalf of the Board of Graduate Studies relating to the admission and enrolment, progress, approved study and examinations, of candidates for thesis-based doctoral degrees, delegating as appropriate to the Dean of the Graduate Research School;
- To consider the matters placed before it by the Dean, Graduate Research School and the Doctoral and Scholarships Office, and provide academic advice and recommend appropriate actions for implementation through established procedures; and,
- To review the policy and regulations for Doctoral and Master’s study in the University in the light of the material placed before it and recommend any modifications to policy or regulations to the Board of Graduate Studies through the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Enterprise).
|Name||Department||Representing||Expiry Date (if applicable)||Extension|
|Professor Richard Blaikie||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Enterprise)||Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org
|Professor Rachel Spronken-Smith||Graduate Research School, Dean||Ex-Officio||31 December, email@example.com|
|Associate Professor Fiona Edgar||Management||Commerce||31 December, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Associate Professor Chrys Jaye||General Practice & Rural Health||Health Sciences||31 December, email@example.com|
|Associate Professor Sally Shaw||School of Physical Education, Sport and Exercise Sciences||Sciences||31 December, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Sophie Bond||Geography||Humanities||31 December, email@example.com|
|Dr Vijay Mallan||Student Learning Centre||31 December, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peter Boston||Graduate Research Schoolemail@example.com|
|Andrew Lonie||Graduate Research Schoolfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ruth Sharpe||Academic Committees||Secretaryemail@example.com|
Meetings for 2019
Please find below the meeting dates and venues for the Graduate Research Committee in 2019.
- Tuesday February 26th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday March 26th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday April 30th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday May 28th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday June 25th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday July 30th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday August 27th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday September 24th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday October 29th, St David II meeting room 2.09
- Tuesday November 26th, St David II meeting room 2.09
These meeting will commence at 2pm.