Volkswagen Community Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – VOLKSWAGEN COMMUNITY TRUST
Volkswagen AG is a German car manufacturing company, founded in 1937. The VW Community Trust are focused on Corporate Social Investment activities that empower others. The Trust’s projects aim to educate previously disadvantaged individuals and teach them to attain a better quality of life
The Trust’s social responsibilities are focused on 6 main areas: Education; Youth Development; Enterprise Development; Environment; Employee Volunteerism and Health, Community, Wellbeing.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Business Studies
- Computer Science
The bursary will not only cover the cost of tuition fees and prescribed books but will also cover accommodation and transport.
Besides the financial benefits, the VW bursary will also provide students with mentorship and assist them in establishing a professional CV and interview skills, to transition into the workforce.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Achieved high academic results in the previous year of study
- *Preference will be given to students residing in Uitenhage and surrounding areas, as well as those who are in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at https://vw.graduate.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/Categories/Bursary_Programme/
You will be required to register an account here: https://vw.graduate.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Register before you can log in and apply here: https://vw.graduate.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Login
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (latest payslips or bank statements if employed, affidavit if unemployed, death certificate if deceased)
- Proof of residence (if residing within Uitenhage or surrounding areas)
31 July annually.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
There are no bursary offerings until further notice.
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Volkswagen Community Trust directly:
Tel: 041 994 4399
Fax: 041 994 5587