VPUU Repairs and Maintenance Manager Vacancy In South Africa
VPUU Repairs and Maintenance Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
VPUU NPC is a Public Benefit Organisation that implements multisectoral integrated area based upgrading programmes of neighbourhoods in townships and informal settlements. We do this in partnership with communities, municipalities, provincial and national government.We work in an integrated team of community participation, socio economic development, operation and maintenance, planning and design, infrastructure development, and knowledge management towards sustainable urban neighbourhoods.
VPUU NPC seeks to appoint Repairs and Maintenance Manager to be based in Western Cape.
Duration: Fixed Term Contract Ending 30June 2022
Remuneration: Up To R25 000.00 (total cost to company) per month depending on exprience and qualifications
The Purpose of the job is to Manage and support a dedicated Repairs and Maintenance team to ensure that small public infrastructure projects and facilities are planned, constructed, maintained and managed in VPUU Safe Node Areas in Khayelitsha and Gugulethu, Cape Town.
Key Performance Areas:
- Management of the Repairs and Maintenance team within the Area Based Management team of VPUU
- Lead the overall Procurement, Planning and initial Costing of scheduled work and special projects related to Repairs and Maintenance support
- Conduct technical assessments, measurements and calculations as required for project procurement
- Line Management and site supervision of technical, area-specific and project teams, including planning, implementing and reporting on projects and general Repairs and Maintenance of facilities
- Prepare reports for ABM Lead as Line Manager and CEO on planned and current projects
- Support the ABM team in creating and sustaining safe, clean, well-maintained and well run facilities and public spaces
- Minimum of Matric certificate (or equivalent of NQF Level 4)
- Tertiary qualification in relevant Built Environment field of study, including general construction-focussed, property and/or facility management.
- Substantive experience in general construction or repair and maintenance work
- Valid Code EB drivers’ licence
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English. Professional proficiency in isiXhosa is advantageous.
- Experience in managing a team to plan and implement a project
- Experience in line supervision of team members a prerequisite
- Independent worker who can develop systems and implement alongside a team without ongoing supervision
- Sound judgement in terms of managing relationships with community stakeholders
- Police clearance to be conducted with shortlisted applicant
Please forward a CV and covering letter, including certified copies of your ID and relevant qualifications quoting the reference ‘Repairs and Maintenance Manager’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org or VPUU, PO Box 2373 Cape Town 8000
Applicants are respectfully informed that if no notification of appointment is received within one month from the closing date, they must accept that their applications were unsuccessful
Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups as defined by the Employment Equity Act.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to this page
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Teaching Vacancies In South Africa