Botswana Accountancy College BAC Short Courses
The SPGS is a dynamic academic division of the Botswana Accountancy College, responsible for continuing life-long education and training. It is also responsible for employer engagement and change management initiatives that provide quality-assured, accredited, work-based learning solutions for employers and the tertiary education sector – ranging from bespoke training courses to accreditation of in-company pro-grammes that deliver real business impact. This enables individuals and organisations to be responsive to market demands and trends, while giving access to professionals for their professional development.
A defining feature of the SPGS activities is Short Courses and on-the-job training. All these courses are grounded in teaching activity, and therefore need to comply with the quality assurance requirements of the College and the relevant government and regulatory institutions.
The purpose of the SPGS
- To provide continuing life-long education and training to employers, the tertiary education sector, and the youths in general, and thereby contribute to developing the relevant skillsets for the economy and for youth entrepreneurship.
- To promote the academic development and delivery of a mixed portfolio of activities, inclusive of professional courses, accreditation of in-company programmes, bespoke academic solutions, the work-based learning framework, and individual lifelong learners.
- To promote, execute, and manage all forms of consulting work, aligned to the core mandate of the School and BAC in general.
- As the business-to-business arm of the College, support leadership and change management develop-ment in the public and private sectors, respectively, and (value adding) build regional and international alliances for the advancement of entrepreneurship and the SCLL’s sustainability.
- It is my sincere hope that you find a programme that meets your needs or that you invite us to work with you to deliver a tailored solution for your training and development needs to contribute towards the knowledge-society vision of Botswana, Africa and the world.
Non-credit bearing courses
These are on a needs-basis and cover areas of need by clients and are developed either off-the-shelf on a bespoke basis. Off-the-shelf examples non-credit bearing courses include (among others)
- Customer service
- Corporate Governance
- Supervision Skills
- Company Board Duties
- Storekeeping (Ordering, Receiving, Issuing)
- Bookkeeping (Basic accounting)
- Basic Management and Leadership Skills
- Waitering / Catering Skills
- Guest Relations (Hotels and Lodges)
- Basic Computing Skills