Brand South Africa Bursary 2023 – 2024
Brand South Africa Bursary | Brand South Africa, established in 2002, is an organization that aims to build South Africa’s reputation and contribute to the country’s global competitiveness. The organization is committed to marketing South Africa, by way of the Brand South Africa campaign, with the goal of encouraging trade and tourism of the country.
Brand South Africa’s values include integrity, diversity, innovation, cooperation and Ubuntu, and they aim to inspire and instill pride and patriotism in South Africans and drive active citizenship.
ABOUT THE BRAND SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Brand South Africa is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Accounting Science (BCom) (Department: Finance)
- Computer Science (B.Sc.) (Department: Information Technology)
- Human Resources (BCom) (Department: Human Resources)
- Law (BCom) (Department: Legal)
- Marketing (BCom) (Department: Marketing)
- Multimedia (BIS) (Department: Marketing)
- Public or International Relations (BCom) (Department: Stakeholder Relations)
- Social or Political Science (BCom) (Department: Research)
- Supply Chain (BCom) (Department: Finance)
Brand South Africa will be awarding 1 bursary for each of the above fields, except for B.Sc. Computer Science, for which 2 bursaries will be awarded.
MORE ABOUT THE BRAND SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT | SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the cost of tuition fees and textbooks. The bursary will NOT provide cover for accommodation (in residency, boarding or private renting).
The bursary will cover 1 academic year of study (1 January 2023 to 31 December 2022), however students are encouraged to reapply for funding each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 1 month of the application closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BRAND SA BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be currently in Matric, in 2021
- You must intend on studying towards one of the qualifications listed above, in 2022
- You must intend on studying at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
- Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Preference will be given to dependents of Brand South Africa’s employees, however all students outside of Brand South Africa may apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BRAND SA BURSARY
Students who meet all the above criteria, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 Final Report
- Matric Statement of Results (to be submitted by shortlisted candidates, as soon as received)
- Proof of Residence
- Proof of acceptance at university (on institutions’ letterhead)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Recruitment@brandsouthafrica.com
(Applicants must indicate their field of study and the relevant department, in the email subject line, e.g.: “Marketing – B COM Marketing”).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BRAND SA BURSARY
24 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Brand South Africa directly:
Contact People: Lesedi Khalo / Lwandile Gumbi
Tel: 011 483 0122
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.