Calvin and Family Group CFG Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CALVIN AND FAMILY GROUP (CFG)
Calvin and Family Group CFG Bursary South Africa | Calvin and Family Group, registered in 2005, is a completely black-owned and youth-owned organization. The group is a holding company, made up of 10 subsidiary companies in a range of sectors.
The group was formed with the goal of creating opportunities for Black people while providing clients with superior service, delivering exceptional work, and putting safety first. The group is involved within these industries: Construction, Precase Concrete, Minerals, Property, Security Media, Logistics, and Clothing/ Textile Manufacturing.
ABOUT THE CFG BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Calvin and Family Group (CFG) is inviting students to apply for their bursary program, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Cyber Security
- Forensic Investigation
- Security Management
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE CFG BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time, towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- You must be registered with a recognized and accredited Institute of Higher Learning in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% for English and other subjects (depending on your field)
- You must be in financial need
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and students with disabilities
- Candidates with outstanding student debt may also apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE CFG BURSARY
Students can apply by submitting clear copies of the following documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of acceptance at the tertiary institute, if starting your 1st year in 2022 (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of outstanding student debt, if applicable
- Motivational letter to support your application (maximum 1 page)
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Proof of financial need: parents or guardians latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of grant if applicable, proof of pension if applicable
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “CFG Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE CFG BURSARY
15 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary program, please contact the Calvin and Family Group directly:
Tel: 031 566 5253 (Head Office)
Contact page: https://calvinandfamily.co.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.