Department Of Water And Sanitation Vacation 2023/2024
Department Of Water And Sanitation Vacation | The Department of Water and Sanitation is the custodian of South Africa’s water resources. It is primarily responsible for the formulation and implementation of policy governing this sector.
While striving to ensure that all South Africans gain access to clean water and dignified sanitation, the department also promotes effective and efficient water resources management to ensure sustainable economic and social development.
Our vision is to be:
a dynamic, people centred department, leading the effective management of the nation’s water resources, to meet the needs of current and future generations.
As the sector leader, our mission is to serve the people of South Africa by:
- making a positive impact on our country and its people as custodians of our water and sanitation resources, and as innovative and committed partners in the drive for sustainable development;
- being service and delivery oriented. We strive to get it right the first time, every time, on time – ensuring that our citizens are provided with water and sanitation services they deserve;
- leading our sector and enabling partners with knowledge and capacity to ensure that all water services are delivered;
- being committed to innovation and using cutting edge technology as a catalyst of positive change, connecting our people and enabling them to work anywhere anytime;
- having a heart that values our investment in our people. We provide them with a caring and trusting environment that encourages personal development and is a breeding ground for talent.
- Transparency – we fulfill our mandate in an ethical and open manner
- Respect – we respect each other, as well as our clients, and the needs of our citizens
- Excellence – we are leaders and innovators in our sector who get it right on time every time
- Everyone – we are a caring employer who through teamwork serves South Africa’s people
The Department of Water and Sanitation is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is the intention of the Department to promote representativity in the Public Service through the filling of this position and the candidature of persons whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity will receive preference. An indication by candidates in this regard will expedite the processing of applications. If no suitable candidates from the under-represented groups can be identified, candidates from the represented groups will be considered.
Note: Short-listed candidates must be willing to undergo normal vetting and verification processes, including a competency assessment and personality profile analysis.
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Applications received after the closing date, as well as applications received via fax/email, will NOT be considered or accepted.
Correspondence is limited to short-listed candidates only; should you not hear from us within six weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.