Dudley D’Ewes Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – CAPE TERCENTENARY FOUNDATION
Dudley D’Ewes Scholarship South Africa; The Cape Tercentenary Foundation was formed in 1950 by Edward and Harry Molteno, whose wish it was to establish a fund for the cultural development of Cape Town. The founders were pioneers of the Cape fruit industry, and appreciated music and the theatre, and were devoted to the natural environment.
The mission of the Foundation is to preserve, promote and encourage literature, the visual and performing arts, and the natural and cultural environment in the Western, Eastern and Northern Cape Provinces. The Foundation provides scholarship awards to students who will potentially contribute to the fulfillment of the Foundation’s mission.
ABOUT THE DUDLEY D’EWES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Cape Tercentenary Foundation is inviting postgraduate students, to apply for the Dudley D’Ewes Scholarship award, for the 2023 academic year..
The scholarship will be awarded for post-honours studies, preferably within these fields: Literature, Visual and Performing Arts, as well as Natural and Cultural Environment of the Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Northern Cape provinces.
ABOUT THE DUDLEY D’EWES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE | SELECTION
The value of the award is a maximum of R10 000, to be used towards study fees. The award will be paid directly in to the students fee account.
Scholarships are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, but may be renewed (partially or fully) for the following year, based on receiving a satisfactory Progress Report from the scholars supervisor.
Successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application within 6 weeks of closing date.
Scholarship recipients may be reqested to deliver a short lecture at the Foundation’s AGM.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DUDLEY D’EWES SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed a University Honours degree
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a post-honours qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying within one of these fields: Literature, Visual and Performing Arts, as well as Natural and Cultural Environment
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognised and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE DUDLEY D’EWES SCHOLARSHIP
Download and complete the Dudley-DEwes-Scholarship-Application (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts of your academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Abstract or outline of your proposed course of study (1 page)
- 2 letter of reference (using the referee report on the application form – these letters must be submitted via the referees themselves, to the email or postal address below)
- Motivational letter, relevant to special financial circumstances, if you are in financial need (1 page)
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways
– Email to: email@example.com
P.O. Box 30087
CLOSING DATE FOR THE DUDLEY D’EWES SCHOLARSHIP
24 September 2022 at 12:00 (last Friday in September each year).
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship programme, please contact the Cape Tercentenary Foundation directly:
Tel: 084 500 7717
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.