Mbuyelo Coal Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – MBUYELO COAL
Mbuyelo Coal Bursary South Africa | Mbuyelo Coal is a subsidiary of the Mbuyelo Group, whose main business is within the coal mining industry, as well as a growing portfolio in other businesses such as the properties, farming and contracting industries.
Mbuyelo Coal is majority black-owned and has a rich footprint within the Mpumalanga province.
Mbuyelo comes from the Xitsonga word, meaning ‘returns’ – the company is driven by the fact that rewards (or returns) are gained from work or effort put in.
ABOUT THE MBUYELO COAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Mbuyelo Coal is inviting students to apply for their bursary award, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within these fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Safety Management
ABOUT THE MBUYELO COAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – RENEWAL | SELECTION
The bursary is renewable each year, dependent on satisfactory academic performance.
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 months after the closing date – if you have not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MBUYELO COAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must be studying or intend on studying at a recognized tertiary institution (University or University of Technology) in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% in Matric, if currently in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for all major subjects at the tertiary level if currently studying
- Preference will be given to students who reside in any of these areas: Emakhazeni, Chief Albert Luthuli and Steve Tshwete Municipalities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MBUYELO COAL BURSARY
Download and complete the Mbuyelo Coal Bursary Application Form 2022 (.doc)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric latest/ final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy) (note: awards will be finalised after receiving final National Senior Certificate results)
- Proof of enrolment or provisional acceptance at University or University of Technology (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence
Applications must be submitted to the Human Resources Department, via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Mbuyelo Bursary Application 2022” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MBUYELO COAL BURSARY
15 December 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mbuyelo Coal directly:
Tel: 011 867 0836 / 011 867 0219 / 011 867 0437 / 011 867 0584
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact form: http://www.mbuyelo.com/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.