ABOUT THE COMPANY – MHLATHUZE WATER
Mhlathuze Water (MW), established in 1980, is a state-owned entity that reports to the Department of Human Settlements, Water, and Sanitation, a sector of the South African government.
The organization provides bulk water services, including raw (untreated) water; clarified (partially treated) water; purified water supply; industrial and domestic wastewater disposal, and scientific services. They provide all of these services to citizens in a sustainable and affordable manner. The company receives its water supply from 3 main sources: Mhlathuze River, Lake Mzingazi, and Lake Nsezi.
MW is located in Richards Bay and operates in KwaZulu-Natal, mainly in the following municipalities: Umkhanyakude District Municipality, King Cetshwayo District Municipality, and Zululand District Municipality. MW’s biggest clients include the City of uMhlathuze, Richards Bay Minerals, Foskor, and Mondi.
ABOUT THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY – FIELDS COVERED
Mhlathuze Water is inviting students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year, for studies in the water sector and related fields.
Bursaries will be awarded for undergraduate and postgraduate studies, within these fields:
- Civil Engineering: Advanced Diploma (NQF level 7)
- Civil Engineering: Bachelor of Engineering Technology (NQF level 7)
- Electrical Engineering: National Diploma (NQF level 6)
- Electrical Engineering: Bachelor of Engineering Technology (NQF level 7)
- Engineering Studies: N1, N2 or N3 certificate (NQF level 1 to 3)
- Engineering Technology (Computer Systems): Diploma (NQF level 6)
- Hydrology and Water Resources Management: Bachelor of Science (NQF level 7)
- Information Systems: Advanced Certificate (NQF level 6)
- Information Technology: Advanced Diploma (NQF level 7)
- Information Technology: Bachelors (NQF level 8)
- Manufacturing: Diploma (NQF level 6)
- Marketing: Bachelor of Commerce (NQF level 7)
- Marketing: Bachelor of Commerce Honours (NQF level 8)
- Marketing: Diploma (NQF level 6)
- Marketing: Postgraduate Diploma (NQF level 8)
- Mechanical Engineering: Bachelors (NQF level 8)
- Project Management: Bachelor of Commerce (NQF level 7)
- Project Management: Postgraduate Diploma (NQF level 8)
- Quality: Bachelor of Technology (NQF level 7)
- Quality: Master of Technology (NQF level 9)
- Quantity Surveying: Bachelors (NQF level 7)
- Quantity Surveying: Honours (NQF level 8)
- Supply Chain Management: Advanced Diploma (NQF level 7)
- Supply Chain Management: Bachelors (NQF level 7)
- Supply Chain Management: Diploma (NQF level 6)
- Supply Chain Management: Honours (NQF level 8)
Note: read our article about National Qualification Framework (NQF) Levels here.
Mhlathuze Water, partnered with the Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority (EWSETA) will be awarding 20 bursaries. Mhlathuze Water will be administering the bursary, however, the EWSETA will be funding the bursary.
MORE ABOUT THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
We are committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Mhlathuze Water Bursary.
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation (that has been approved by the institution), books and stationery (per the institution’s mandatory textbook and stationery list), and meals (which will be allocated after expenses above).
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be under 25 years old
- You must have completed Matric or equivalent
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards one of the qualifications listed above
- You must be registered or provisionally accepted to study at a recognized and accredited tertiary institution in South Africa (University or TVET College)
- Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged communities – this includes: youth, blacks, women, and people living with disabilities
- Preference will be given to students who reside in communities within the supply area of Mhlathuze Water, in KwaZulu-Natal (Umkhanyakude District Municipality, King Cetshwayo District Municipality, and Zululand District Municipality)- although students from other regions may also apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
Download and complete the Mhlathuze Water Bursary Application Form 2022(.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- South African ID document (certified copy – not older than 3 months)
- Matric certificate or qualification (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of application and/or provisional acceptance at a University or TVET College, if available (on institutes letterhead) (note: if this is not available at the time of application, it must be sent at a later date)
Applications must be submitted in any of the following ways:
– Email: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Mhlathuze Water Bursary 2022” in the email subject line).
– Hand delivery:
Cnr South Central Arterial and Battery Bank
Attention: HR Training Officer
MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY APPLICATION NOTES
1. Any other information and/or documentation required by EWSETA will be requested, along with the deadline for submission.
2. Original authentic supporting documents will be required to be sent to EWSETA, in order to validate applications.
3. Any outstanding required documentation must be submitted no later than 11 March 2022.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE MHLATHUZE WATER BURSARY
4 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this scholarship program, please contact Mhlathuze Water directly:
Contact person: Mpume Jeza
Tel: 035 902 1021