uMlalazi Municipality Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY
uMlalazi Municipality Bursary South Africa | The uMlalazi Local Municipality is located within the uThungulu District, KwaZulu-Natal. The municipality is known primarily for its reliance on the agricultural sector, as seen in its large farming areas and tribal authority land. Some of the main products farmed in this district are sugar cane and citrus fruits, as well as the production of timber.
The vision of uMlalazi Local Municipality is to be prosperous and empower all its people through effective service delivery and responsible governance. Its mission is to create better services for all, empower its workforce, communicate effectively, provide infrastructure, utilize all resources, ensure effective financial management, and more.
ABOUT THE UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The uMlalazi Municipality is inviting students to apply for their bursary registration fund programme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within the uMlalazi Municipal area, for studies within the following fields:
- Civil Engineering
- Development Planning
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Studies
- Finance/ Auditing
- Information Technology
- Travel and Tourism
- Waste Management
MORE ABOUT THE UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary will only provide cover for registration fees only (no other expenses will be covered).
Successful candidates will be contacted within 8 weeks of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
www.zabursaries.co.za is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the uMlalazi Municipality Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside within the uMlalazi Municipality, in KwaZulu-Natal
- You must have completed Matric
- You must have been accepted to study towards a qualification within one of the fields of study listed above, in 2022
- You must have been accepted to study at a recognised and accredited higher education learning institution/ FET college in South Africa
- You must be in financial need
- Preference will be given to students living with disabilities
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE THE UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
Application forms may be obtained in either of the following ways:
– Collection from the reception area at the Municipal Offices in Hutchinson Street, Eshowe
– Downloaded from the uMlalazi Municipality website (at the time of posting this bursary listing, zabusaries could not locate the application form on the www.umlalazi.gov.za website)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Identity Document (certified copy)
- Matric Certificate/ statement of results/ June results (certified copy)
- Most recent academic record if currently studying (certified copy)
- Proof of residence (from the Ward Councillor) (certified copy)
- Parents or guardians’ proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance into a higher institution of learning/ FET college (certified copy)
- Proof of disability (if applicable)
Applications must be submitted in either one of the following ways:
– Hand delivery:
Mayor Bursary Fund (in the marked box)
The Civic Offices
PO Box 37
Note: your application must be placed in a sealed envelope, with the words “Mayoral Bursary Fund” on the front.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UMLALAZI MUNICIPALITY BURSARY
16 January 2023.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the uMlalazi Municipality directly:
Contact person: Dumisani Mhlongo (Manager Office of the Mayor)
Tel: 035 473 3474
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.