SASMT Bursaries South Africa 2023 – 2024
SASMT Teacher Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
SASMT Bursaries South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – SASMT
South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) was formed in 1918 by a group of music teachers in Cape Town. Almost a century later, SASMT is the oldest professional music society across Southern Africa.
SASMT represents music teachers in Schools, Private practice, Music centres, Colleges and Universities and has done so since its inception.
ABOUT THE SASMT TEACHERS BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED | COVERAGE VALUE
The South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT) is inviting existing SASMT members, to apply for bursary funding for the 2023 academic year.. Bursaries are available for SASMT members who are in financial need and are furthering their studies in music.
SASMT awards bursaries every 2 years, and the amount of cover will depend on available funds of the SASMT.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of November 2021. Successful recipients will be required to present a paper at the biennial SASMT National Conference.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SASMT TEACHERS BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be studying towards a music qualification
- You must be registered to study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- You must be an existing paid-up SASMT member, for a minimum of 2 years
- You must be in financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SASMT TEACHERS BURSARY
Download and complete the SASMT Teacher Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- Photo in electronic format (approximately 500px in height)
- ID document (certified copy: not older than 3 months)
- Proof of registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Full academic record (on institutions letterhead)
- Short Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter to support your application, explaining why you should be awarded the bursary
- Recommendation by a SASMT member
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SASMT Teacher Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SASMT TEACHERS BURSARY
15 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SASMT directly:
The South African Society of Music Teachers (SASMT)
Contact Person: Elma Britz (Executive Officer)
Tel: 082 673 0532