Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Competition South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Wakkerstroom Music Festival is an NPO (Non-Profit Organisation) and a Public Benefit Organisation, whose aim is to promote awareness of Visual and Performing Arts within rural communities, as well as to raise funds for their Bursary Competition which is held bi-annually.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
12 bursaries will be awarded at the 3rd Wakkerstroom Music Festival, to a total value of R160 000. Bursaries will be awarded to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying towards a classical music qualification in one of the following categories: Piano, Strings, Voice, Wind.
The bursaries will be awarded as follows:
*R25 000 for each first prize student in each category
*R10 000 for each second prize student in each category
*R5 000 for each third prize student in each category
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or South African permanent resident
- Between 17 and 25 years old (on 20 March)
- Studying towards a music qualification in one of the four aforementioned categories
- Minors – must have permission from parents/ guardians to enter
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Application Form (word doc format) or the Wakkerstroom Music Festival Bursary Application Form (pdf format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- A recent photograph of the applicant (head and shoulders only)
- Full academic record or proof of registration at school or university (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (explaining your future music career development plans, list of achievements in the past 3 years)
- Reference letter from your music teacher/ professor/ lecturer
- Reference letter from any other musician you know
- Link to 2 recent video recordings by yourself, recorded on YouTube (max 15 minutes)
- Entrance fee proof of payment (banking details can be found on the official “Wakkerstroom Music Festival” website http://wmfestival.co.za/?page_id=442 – in the “WMFBC Adjudication Procedure 2021” document)
- Minors: written permission to enter the competition from parents/ guardians
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
17 February 2022.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
*For further details about the Rules and conditions, Application Procedure and Adjudication Procedure – please visit the official “Wakkerstroom Music Festival” website: http://wmfestival.co.za/?page_id=442