Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER – SIBONA ILANGA TRUST
Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary South Africa | The Sibona Ilanga Trust was formed as a Community Trust with the main purpose of conducting public benefit activities within a 50-kilometre radius of De Aar Solar Power. This Community Trust owns 8% of De Aar Solar Power (RF) (Pty) Ltd.
The Trust has awarded 63 bursaries to date, with a total value of R5.9 million. For the 2023 academic year., the Trust aims to award a further R2.5 million in bursaries.
ABOUT THE SIBONA ILANGA TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Sibona Ilanga Trust is inviting students from the Northern Cape Province, to apply for their bursary programme for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to students residing within a 50km radius of the De Aar Solar Power plant, for ANY field of study.
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving students, based on these 2 main criteria: academic merit and financial need.
MORE ABOUT THE SIBONA ILANGA TRUST BURSARY PROGRAMME – EXPENSES COVERED | SELECTION
The bursary may provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, examination fees, learning materials (including textbooks, stationary, etc.), accommodation in a tertiary residence or equivalent and meals. The total value of the bursary will be determined on an individual basis.
All applicants will receive an email to confirm their application was received. Applicants may receive an email informing them of their provisional outcome, by no later than 21 December 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit their final Matric/ NSC results.
https://otagouni.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SIBONA ILANGA TRUST BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be 35 years old or younger
- You must reside in a surrounding community within a 50km radius of the De Aar Solar Power plant
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public or private tertiary institution in South Africa (TVET College, University or University of Technology)
- You must fall into either of the following categories:
- completed your NSC or NTC and not currently studying
- studying towards an NQF level 4 in technical and vocational education and training programme
- studying towards a National Diploma or Degree programme
- You must have proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SIBONA ILANGA TRUST BURSARY
Download and complete the English or Afrikaans application form:
Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary Application Form 2023 – 2024 (English)(.pdf)
Sibona Ilanga Trust Bursary Application Form 2023 – 2024 (Afrikaans) (.pdf)
Enter “https://otagouni.com” in the field asking how you heard about the bursary.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- June 2022 and prelim results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ NSC, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Provisional admission letter to a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Parents or guardians proof of total monthly household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) (certified copy)
- Proof of residential address
- Essay about your life (10 questions can be found on the application form)
Applications must be submitted in either of the following ways:
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethembeni Community Centre
3 Friedlander Street
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SIBONA ILANGA TRUST BURSARY
30 September 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact StudyTrust (the administrators for this bursary) directly:
Tel: 011 403 1632
Mobile: 087 511 3373
Contact page: https://studytrust.org.za/contact-us/
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.