Sizakuyenza Operations Manager Vacancy In South Africa
Sizakuyenza Operations Manager Vacancy In South Africa | Opportunity closing date:
Sizajuyenza is a non-profit organisation that promotes a healthier environment with a specific focus on the poor, aiming at the achievement of social justice, gender equality and community empowerment. Staff implement three programmes aimed at (1) sheltering women survivors of intimate partner violence and their children and reducing the negative impact of their experiences, (2) programmes aimed at mitigating the at-risk behaviour associated with misuse of substance abuse and (3) reducing grief and loss suffered by children and families in Philippi.Our organisation has grown in recent years and now needs another layer of management to assist the director by managing the staff and projects of Sizakuyenza to free the director up to focus on wider strengthening the wider organisation.
The operations manager will be based at the Philippi Hub and be responsible for the implementation of the organisation’s vision, mission and strategy including managing the teams responsible for the operation of Casa del Soriso, the House of Smile women’s shelter at the Hub, as well as the substance abuse and child protection programmes and organisation wide administration and logistics.
The following tasks make up these responsibilities under the supervision of the director:
- Responsible for assisting the Director in facilitating the development of strategic plans and collective ownership and understanding of the plan by the programme team
- Ensuring that programme targets are met
- Ensuring cooperation and team work between programmes teams towards the achievement of goals and objectives
- Ensuring teamwork with administrative and other support services
- Ensuring staff undertake their responsibilities
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects against set criteria
- Ensuring ongoing reporting on programme progress and outcomes to the director
- Responsible for scanning the environment, adapting effectively to change and guiding the programme team appropriately
- Responsible for final decisions made in the operations team and delegating where and when appropriate
- Ensuring ongoing problem-solving and taking decisions based on clear analysis of a situation and careful consideration of options
- Responsible for assisting the director in facilitating the development of an organisational culture that supports the overall organisational vision, mission and strategy
- Responsible for engaging in high level networking that supports the development of collaborative relationships with programme stakeholders
The ideal person for this job would be someone who is confident, who displays good decision-making and sound leadership, who has strong coaching skills, is comfortable with problem-solving on the go, knows how to plan, organise and control progress towards set goals, and who is well able to adhere to organisational values, policies and procedures.
- Minimum of a 3 – 4 year tertiary qualification in social work, human resource management, public administration or a related field
- Experience in sheltering or the women’s sector with experience in substance abuse and the children’s sector as advantage
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Driver’s licence and own car required
Sizakuyenza is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive working environment
The salary will be between R19 000 and R24 000 per month as a total cost to company package depending on skills and experience and the working hours will be 30 hours per week.
The position is available from 1 December 2021.
Applications should be sent to Helen Barnard, our director at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not hear from us by 23 November 2021 you should consider your application unsuccessful as we are not able to respond to every applicant individually.
Applications should include:
- A brief Curriculum Vitae, not longer than three (3) pages including personal details and contact details, job or learning experience in descending order followed by references. Please do not insert any images, certificates or exam results. Please do not send a longer CV.
- A covering letter or email that outlines how you fit the requisite competencies as outlined in this vacancy advertisement.
- The names and full contact details (telephone, fax and e-mail) of two recent referees.