Grade 8 And 9 Facilitator South Africa Teaching Jobs
Grade 8 & 9 Facilitator
Grade 8 And 9 Facilitator South Africa Teaching Jobs | Greyton House Village School (GHVS) is an Independent School nestled in the beautiful Overberg town of Greyton. Here we strive to give our children a Childhood to Remember, through our small but specialist team of teachers. In 2021 we have taken the exciting step into high school territory with our first group of grade 8’s undergoing their schooling via our blended learning model.
Here the teacher enjoys the luxury of not having to explicitly teach the subject content, as learners engage with content via an online teaching platform, but facilitates and supplement their learning journey through:
- Positioning the content prior to online learning and / or
- Debriefing the content after online engagement through our Contact Curriculum (strategic tasks, discussions, excursions, investigations, reflection etc.)
- Spotting opportunities to incorporate current events, the local environment etc. into classroom-based tasks.
Due to our growth, and with the future in mind, we are expanding our team through recruiting the Gr8 & 9 class facilitator. This role will exist alongside, and through the support of, the current facilitator. Duties will include the following:
- Primary facilitator of all CAPS subjects, except Mathematics and one other subject of choice.
- Typical duties of a teacher such as classroom management, record keeping and reporting.
- Assist with the continued development of the Greyton House Contact Curriculum with the existing facilitator.
- Participation in general school operational matters such as assembly, events, co-curricular activities etc.
- Bachelor’s degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in GET & FET Phase.
- SACE Registered & Police Clearance.
- Bilingual (English & Afrikaans).
- 3 or more years working as an Educator in GET and/or FET phase.
- Evidence of Leadership positions.
- Strong ability and affinity for learning & curriculum design ability.
Other key competencies
GHVS follows the CAPS curriculum, but as a village school we have a hands on & integrated approach to learning. Due to this niche school culture the following abilities are considered essential:
- Strong self-regulation skills and ability to lead a class independently.
- Ability to contribute to ideas and strategic planning for the ongoing development and improvement of our school.
- Responsive to change and ideas; able to adapt to new systems and flexible working patterns.
- Committed to continuing professional development.
- Able to plan and prioritise in a flexible and informed way.
- Experience of working with parents and carers from a range of cultural backgrounds, encouraging full participation in their children’s development and learning opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with a variety of other professionals and agencies in order to provide the best possible support & learning experience within the village.
For more information on the high school please visit our website, and to get a more personal feel for the school we encourage you to visit at our social media pages.
Position Type: Full time (07h30 to 15h30, Monday to Friday)
Start Date: 1 January 2022
Kindly email CV including 2 contactable references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close Wednesday 27 October 2021 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but such information will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.