Front Office Receptionist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST
Front Office Receptionist South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus, and the St Stithians Online School. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
Within the Girls’ College we strive to produce confident young women who are able to lead a life of conviction and purpose.
The College’s Methodist focus offers our young women important guiding principles enabling of this life of purpose, which is central to the Saints Honour Code, namely “Honour God, Honour others and Honour self”. The Girls’ College provides a safe, nurturing and inclusive community where young women are encouraged to explore, experiment and investigate.
The Girls’ College seeks to appoint a Receptionist to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the school’s front office. The College wishes to recruit a person who has excellent administration, organisation and communication skills, as well as the capacity to work under pressure while maintaining a friendly and welcoming demeanour. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who believe they have the required skills and competencies to take on this position from 1 January 2022.
The requirements for this position are:
- A suitable professional qualification and appropriate experience
- Previous experience in a school is an advantage
- Excellent computer applications skills, including knowledge of the full Microsoft Office & Google suite
- A willingness to learn and understand the school’s data management system (the handling of student, parent and staff information, registration and class lists, within applicable data privacy legislation)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. This role involves managing the school switchboard system
- The ability to take initiative and contribute to the smooth running and organisation of the school’s multiple and complex administrative functions, including assistance with basic financial administration, coordination of transport bookings and other operational requests
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders, including staff, students, parents and visitors
- The ability to create and sustain relationships with students and colleagues in our College environment (approachability and patience are examples of desired characteristics)
- An unequivocal commitment to efficiency in a busy school
- Flexibility to adapt to the changing needs of the College
- A commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- An awareness of the nature of the school and willingness to commit to its all-round ethos
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 31 October 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
A letter of motivation should be included in your online application.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.