Art And Design Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Art And Design Graduate Apprentice South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Art & Design Graduate Apprentice Teacher to teach secondary school grades at our Ormonde campus in Johannesburg, South Africa in 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic aspiring teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit http://www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
We are looking for an exceptional Art & Design Graduate Apprentice Teacher. Apprentice teachers are supported by Deans of Instruction who partner with them in their growth journey by observing lessons, providing feedback and coaching. See below to learn more about the teaching model at Nova Pioneer.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Deliver exceptional, real world, enquiry-based Art & Design lessons that align with the Cambridge Art & Design curriculum requirements
- Work closely with learning designers to design rigorous lesson plans
- Deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Observe, coach and be a model teacher for new teachers
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with Deans and learning designers to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including occasional morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A National Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts, Graphic Design or a similar degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) is ideal. We are also open to candidates who have a Bachelors of Education degree but who have strong experience in a similar Art / Art & Design role
- SACE registered
- You have a solid understanding of the Cambridge Art & Design Curriculum (ideal)
- You have strong technical knowledge of Visual Arts & Graphic Design
- You have a solid understanding of the printing and related media, printmaking, 3 dimensional studies, photography and digital based media, graphic communication and textile design.
- You can provide evidence (i.e. a portfolio of work) of related work
- Ability to lead a classroom independently
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have an understanding of and passion for enquiry based, student-centered learning
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are a team player and you enjoy group problem solving
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
How to Apply:
- Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
- To apply, please complete the form on the this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Nova Pioneer, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Government Vacancies in South Africa
Amazon Vacancies In South Africa
Grade 4 6 English Educator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Maths Teacher South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Aftercare Supervisor South Africa Jobs 2021
Apprentice Teachers Ormonde South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
Apprentice Teachers Ruimsig South Africa Teaching Jobs 2022
ECD Substitute Teacher Paulshof South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021