Head of Pre Primary Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Head of Pre Primary Phase South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | Somerset House is a 73-year-old school situated in the heart of Somerset West. It is home to 400 children and is viewed as being an innovative and exciting place to teach and learn. Space is given to staff to develop teaching methodologies which make sense and challenge the norm.
It goes without saying that the new Head of the Pre-Primary Phase will be an exceptional teacher with the vision and energy required to ensure that the school continues to pioneer in a thinking and meaningful manner.
Requirements and Experience
- A passion for teaching young children as well as an ability to understand what drives learning in children under 7 years old.
- A willingness to teach full-time, while at the same time supervising all aspects of the Pre-Primary Phase.
- Experience in pre-primary education and the ability to share that experience with staff.
- The ability to inspire thinking and innovation so that the staff feel empowered to engage with new ideas and drive an exciting and unique curriculum.
- The ability to manage parent and staff relationships in a friendly but firm and constructive manner.
- The ability to manage the stress which accompanies a role such as this in a school where high expectations are the norm.
- Be a team player as far as the school family is concerned.
- Seek to build relationships with the Head of Phase team and collaborate with these colleagues to build a comprehensive and compelling curriculum, with clear progression through the phases.
- Be marketing focussed and actively seek to grow market share of our Pre-Primary school.
- Be an active participant in the Senior Management Team encompassing all Phases of the School.
- Appropriate professional qualifications and SACE Registration
Somerset House reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application does not entitle the applicant to an interview. All emailed applications will receive a mail confirming receipt of application.
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit a letter of motivation, with the names of two references and their abridged curriculum vitae (no more than 3 pages), to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating APPLICATION: HEAD OF PRE-PRIMARY PHASE in the subject line.
Ideally the applicant should be able to commence duty in January 2022.
Somerset House, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.