Receptionist Or Office Administrator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021
Receptionist Or Office Administrator South Africa Teaching Jobs 2021 | St Stithians College is a proudly South African school, embracing diversity and offering a distinctive educational experience. Founded as a Methodist Church School, our Christian spirituality is central to our identity. Our College consists of primary and secondary boys’ and girls’ schools, together with a co-educational junior primary school. We are an independent, non-profit institution located on an expansive green campus in Sandton, Johannesburg. In addition, St Stithians incorporates Kamoka Bush School near Modimolle, the Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy on our Campus, as well as an online school. As a College, we are intent on Inspiring Excellence and Making a World of Difference.
We are excited to welcome applications for a role within our Finance Department, available from 1 January 2022, which requires passion, commitment, innovative thinking and leading-edge ability.
Your talent and positive mental attitude mean you are able to deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Efficient operation of the frontline reception for the Henning Block and provide professional, prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service
- Taking of messages and dealing with general queries from staff, parents and service providers
- Administrative duties including filing (paper based and electronic),
receiving/sending of emails; sorting and distribution of internal mail, accepting deliveries, organising meetings, taking of minutes and any other ad hoc requests which impact on the effective functioning of the Finance Department
- Ownership of the credit enquiry process for prospective families and the correct application of College Policies and Procedures credit enquiry outcome
- Assist with parent portal queries
- Debtors related administrative duties
- Capturing of purchase orders and invoices on the procurement system
- Performing secretarial functions for Deputy Head/s and Finance management team, including diary management
The requirements of the position:
- 3-5 years’ experience in reception and office administration, preferably within a customer service environment along with previous experience in data capturing and document storage solutions
- Solid computer literacy with a sound knowledge of Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel specifically
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills along with excellent telephone etiquette
- Interacting with parents, staff and the broader Saints community intelligently and respectfully, ensuring high levels of diplomacy and tact
- A confident individual who can use their own initiative, is responsible and can take charge of difficult situations
- Customer service orientation with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work under pressure
- Initiative and problem-solving abilities, and must be able to work without supervision
- Punctuality, honesty and reliability are essential together with a positive credit history
- Any staff member working within a school is required to have a sexual offender’s clearance certificate
- A willingness to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College as well as participation in the broader life of the school.
To apply please click on the following link before the closing date of 31 October 2021 https://stithianjobs.mcidirecthire.com/
Applications received via email will not be considered. Applications must be done via the link above only.
St Stithians College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes appointments within the context of its transformation imperatives
The College reserves the right not to proceed with this post. Applications are invited from South African citizens. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applications automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
St Stithians College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.