Technical Director – FHI360
This position leads the development and implementation of the APC project’s technical strategy in Botswana. The post holder works closely with the Director; FHI 360 technical staff in Botswana, regional office and at HQ; and relevant Government staff in ensuring technical efficacy of the project.
- Provides technical oversight to the APC project to ensure compliance with FHI 360, USAID and Botswana Government technical standards, policies and procedures for HIV/AIDS interventions
- Provides continuous technical review, guidance and leadership to the APC project’s technical strategy to ensure it conforms to local and international best practices of HIV/AIDS programming
- Designs, monitors and evaluates project activities regarding recruitment, orientation, and supervision of technical teams who lead these activities
- Supports technical capacity building of FHI 360 country technical staff and local partners and contributes to the achievement of the overall strategic goals of the APC project in Botswana
- Supports management with recommendations for technical process improvement to achieve strategic goals.
- Supervises technical staff and leads development of biomedical interventions.
- MBBS/MD in Medicine or Master’s Degree in Public Health, or related degree.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience with HIV and AIDS or TB community programs including care/support, with the majority of these years spent providing technical support
- A minimum of 5 years experience at senior management level
- Experience working with donors including PEPFAR
- Experience of working closely with MOH
- A minimum of five(5) years experience of working with communities and local partner organizations in HIV/AIDS programming and capacity strengthening.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.