The Beast Foundation And eta College Scholarship South Africa 2023 – 2024
ABOUT THE COMPANY – THE BEAST FOUNDATION | ETA COLLEGE
The Beast Foundation And eta College Scholarship South Africa | The Beast Foundation were formed in 2020 by Tendai Mtawarira, a professional rugby player, who was born in Zimbabwe and known as “The Beast”. The aim of the Foundation is to Inspire, Unite | Build communities to develop the next African leaders, by way of sport, education and life skills development. The Foundation is committed to assisting the youth with pursuing their career in the sports industry, by allowing them to participate in the annual sports and life skills training Bootcamp, as well as helping them with bursary funding for local and international studies.
eta College, formed in 1983, is proud to be an educational programme provider in the sport and fitness industry. The college is a single-purpose sport and fitness college, which is dedicated to providing students with dynamic learning programmes, which are registered on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
The College offers distance learning programmes, and face-to-face learning programmes on their various campuses, located in the following areas: Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Durban, East London, George, Johannesburg, Nelspruit, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria and Stellenbosch, as well as international campuses in Mauritius and Namibia and golf campuses.
eta College has 2 main faculties: the School of Sport and Exercise (which includes Fitness and Coaching) and the School of Business (which includes Sport Management), they also offer short courses, a performance division and a yoga teacher certificate.
ABOUT THE THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP – FIELDS COVERED
The Beast Foundation and eta College, is inviting female students to apply for bursary funding, for the 2023 academic year.. Scholarship funding will be awarded to female students, for studies towards a 3-year undergraduate Sports qualification, at any eta College campus.
Candidates can read more about the qualifications offered at eta College here.
MORE ABOUT THE THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP – COVERAGE VALUE
2 scholarships will be awarded, to the value of R393 000. The scholarship will provide cover for registration fees and tuition fees at eta College.
This bursary was formed in order to celebrate the brilliance and strength of women – the bursary officially opened on 11 October, which has been declared “the International Day of the Girl Child”.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must be female
- You must have completed Matric OR you must be currently in Matric
- You must have studied at a school that is accredited and registered with the Department of Basic Education (DBE) in South Africa
- You must be interested in pursuing a 3-year undergraduate Sports qualification
- You must intend on studying at any of the 10 eta College campuses in 2022
- You must meet the criteria for your selected course at eta College
- You must be interested in pursuing a career in sports
- You must NOT be related to anyone who works for The Beast Foundation or eta
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria can apply by requesting an application form from eta College, via their WhatsApp line: 066 476 0739
Please note: it may take a few minutes for the application form to come through.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disqualified):
- ID document or unabridged birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Most recent academic report
- Motivational letter explaining why you should be awarded the scholarship (1 page, approximately 300 words)
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, principal, coach or instructor at your school
- Parents or guardians ID documents (certified copies)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the reference number “TBF/ETAX2F2021” in the email subject line).
NOTES ABOUT THE THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- All information and documents provided by applicants will be subject to vetting.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted no later than 30 November 2022 – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- If you reside outside of Gauteng, you will be required to pay for your own travel expenses, to and from Gauteng, if awarded the scholarship.
- The Beast Foundation is committed to equal opportunities – no candidates will be discriminated against during the selection process.
- Disabled candidates are welcome to apply, but they must provide details of their disability on the application – selection will be based on if whether the disability needs can be met by eta.
- The Beast Foundation, and eta College, reserves the right to cancel the award, should the recipient not maintain a satisfactory academic record during their studies (as per the selection criteria).
- The Beast Foundation, and eta College, reserves the right to cancel the award, should the recipient become involved in any illegal activities or violent behaviour during the bursary duration.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE BEAST FOUNDATION / ETA COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
11 November 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact The Beast Foundation directly:
NSFAS National Student Financial Aid Schemes
NSFAS: What is NSFAS?
NSFAS, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme, was established according to the National Student Financial Aid Scheme Act of 1999 and incorporated the Tertiary Education Fund of South Africa (TEFSA), which stopped operating in 2000.