University of Otago International Student Fees Structure
International Students studying at Otago pay international tuition fees.
The figures listed in the fees schedule below are a guide and represents the tuition fee for a normal full-time course comprised entirely of papers from the specified subject area.
Many students will, however, enrol for papers from a range of subject areas. Your actual tuition fee is calculated on the basis of fees for each paper that you include in your course.
Please refer to the excel file below for the International Tuition fee per paper offered in 2019.
The tuition fees do not include the student services and administration fees. Information on these fees is available in the sections above.
Payment of International Tuition Fees
The University of Otago uses the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal, GlobalPay, for you to pay your tuition, accommodation and insurance fees. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer, or domestic transfer.
Five Reasons to use Western Union Business Solutions payment portal
- It’s easy to use and you can make your payment faster and receive your payment receipt sooner.
- Save money by choosing a telegraphic transfer from your bank. There are no transfer charges from Western Union Business Solutions for this type of payment.
- You can use your own currency and still be sure that your full payment amount will be made in New Zealand Dollars.
- Once you make the payment, the exchange rate is locked in for 72 hours, making sure that the full amount is paid.
- You get peace of mind, knowing that your payment will arrive in full, on time, without any extra charges or delays.
How to make your payment
1. Log into the international student payment portal to make your payment.
2. Enter your student information.
3. Enter your payment amount in New Zealand Dollars.
4. Select your payment method – telegraphic transfer – choose your country and currency*
5. Enter the details of the person making the payment and print your bank transfer instructions.
6. Complete your payment at your local bank branch or with online banking using the printed instructions.
*due to international banking regulations transactions in some currencies are not available. If your currency does not appear as an option, please select an alternative currency such as USD$.
Need help? email email@example.com
If you are not able to use the Western Union Business Solutions payment portal and need to make your payment from an International bank account, you can make payment via telegraphic transfer to the University of Otago bank account:
|Bank and address:||
Westpac New Zealand Limited
Westpac Moray Place Branch
PO Box 5345, Dunedin 9058
|Bank Account Name:||University of Otago – Student Tuition|
|Bank Account Number:||03-0175-0660238-01|
|SWIFT Code:||WPACNZ2W (for payments outside N.Z.)|
Please ensure that you add your name and student ID as the payment reference.
Note: International students from sanctioned jurisdictions should see additional information on information sharing for the purpose of processing payments.
See Also: University of Otago Admissions