University of Otago Scholarship Application Preparation
Applications for the main Entrance Scholarships for study in 2019 are now closed. Check here in October for information on scholarships opening 15 November and closing 5 December 2018.
Before you apply for any scholarships, you’ll need to get a few things sorted. Use this guide to help you work through the process.
Apply for all the scholarships for which you are eligible. If you aren’t sure, but you can supply sufficient eligibility information for the selection panel to make a decision, apply.
What to prepare?
For all entrance scholarships
You will also be asked:
- About when you were in Year 12 (your second to last year of secondary school in the New Zealand system).
- Your total numbers of NCEA Level 2 and Level 3 credits, and how many at Merit and Excellence at each level.
- To comment on your academic achievements in Year 12 – this gives you the opportunity to advise if you were Year 12 Top Scholar at your school, or you broke your arm during the year which affected your internal assessments. You do not need to make any comments if you do not wish to.
- If you have done, or are doing, a foundation level course or something similar.
These are questions that assist us with the context of your academic achievements. You may (but it is not a mandatory field) upload a copy of your NCEA or other results.
We will contact your school for information on your leadership achievements.
There is a declaration that you must agree with before you can submit your eVision online scholarship application. In general terms, the declaration covers:
- Your application and its privacy.
- That you have read and understood the regulations for the scholarships.
- That you have stated and uploaded true and correct information.
- That you have written original statements.
- That you accept the decisions made by the University of Otago, and that all decisions are final and that you understand no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the decisions.