Westfalia Fruit Bursary South Africa 2023 – 2024
Westfalia Fruit Bursary South Africa
ABOUT THE COMPANY – WESTFALIA FRUIT
Westfalia Fruit is one of the top multinational suppliers of fresh fruit and related products to global markets. The company is recognised as the “avo expert”, having one of the most giant avocado-growing footprints in the world and serving retail and wholesale customers across the globe. Westfalia Fruit is also a supplier of a vast range of fruits, such as apples, mangoes, grapes, pomegranates, blueberries, passion fruit, cherries, citrus and stone fruits.
The Westfalia Fruit is also committed to investing in the training, development and education of employees and their dependents. The company always encourages employees to broaden their skills and qualifications, thus the company provides bursaries to dependents of employees for tertiary studies, as well as wellness facilities, crèche and educational support facilities.
ABOUT THE WESTFALIA FRUIT BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Westfalia Fruit is inviting students to apply for the Westfalia Educational Bursary Scheme, for the 2023 academic year..
Bursaries will be awarded to deserving students, for undergraduate studies in agriculture or related fields, in these research areas:
- Engineering (Agricultural, Industrial, Irrigation, Mechanical, Mechatronics)
- Food Science
- Plant Breeding
- Plant Genetics
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science
- Technical Engineering studies (Boilermaking, Fitting | Turning, Mechatronics, Millwright)
Bursaries may also be awarded for other fields (such as medicine, nursing, and teaching), for students from local communities (dependent on the availability of funds).
otagouni.com is committed to keeping you up to date with the latest bursary opportunities, and this article covers all details about the Westfalia Fruit Bursary.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE WESTFALIA FRUIT BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must have completed Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time towards agriculture or related qualification, in one of the research areas listed above
- You must be a student from a local community, studying or intend on studying towards a community benefit field (like medicine, nursing, teaching)
- You must be studying or registered to study at a recognised and accredited University, University of Technology or TVET College in South Africa
- You must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to students from local communities surrounding Westfalia Fruit operations
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE WESTFALIA FRUIT BURSARY
Download and complete the Westfalia Fruit Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- June 2022 or mid-year academic results, if currently studying (certified copy)
- Final academic results (certified copy)
- Quotation of study fees from a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of your registration at a tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
Applications must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Westfalia Fruit Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE WESTFALIA FRUIT BURSARY
31 August 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Westfalia Fruit directly: