Finance & Administration Manager At Kansai Plascon
Finance & Administration Manager
The position of Finance & Administration Manager has arisen within our Finance team, based at Plascon, Gaborone, Botswana. This position will report to the General Manager.
To manage the Company’s finance and admin functions to provide the best possible value to our shareholders, customers, suppliers and employees.
Key Performance Areas
- Implementation of Financial Strategy and Systems
- Process accurate consolidated management accounts for Botswana and submit to Head Office monthly and quarterly on the due date.
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements and reports according to International Financial Reporting Standards, including Audit packs for submission to Group Head Office.
- Dealing with and liaison with Auditors, manage interim and annual audits (both internal and external)
- Preparing monthly rolling forecasts, including monthly cash flow requirements.
- Control in-country the Annual Budget process and the Annual Strategic Plan.
- Reviewing and approving of entries by the bookkeeper.
- Prepare and review schedules for monthly accounts and ensure all outstanding matters are resolved on time, and ensuring accurate processing.
- Ensure Fixed Asset Register is updated and complies with International Accounting Standards
- Ensure statutory compliance (including all tax requirements i.e. Income Tax, PAYE, WHT etc) by liaising with Group Tax.
- Ensure good corporate governance
- Ensure all expenses are authorized and controlled
- Manage working capital in terms of Company requirements, with a strong focus on debtors.
- Ensure disaster recovery plan is maintained and adhered to
- Maintain and ensure internal controls are complied with.
- Implement new controls where no control or weak controls exist
Skill, Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- 5 to 10 years of Financial Management Experience
- Completed 3 years articles at an auditing firm
- Financial Statement preparation
- Knowledgeable in SAP
- Development and implementation of the strategy
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferable
- Sound Strategic Management ability
- Policy development and implementation
Educational Qualifications & Personal Attributes
- B.comm Accounting degree (preferable) or Professional Qualifications in ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- A member of the Botswana Institute of Accountants
- Botswana citizenship
- Able to work independently
- Ability to plan and prioritize
- Self-motivated, energetic individual who works well in a demanding environment.
Closing date and application instructions
If you meet these requirements and you are interested, please send your application with certified certificates and curriculum vitae to the HR Department or e-mail to OduetseK@Kansaiplascon.co.bw
by no later than the close of business on 04th September 2020.
Plascon Botswana shall only correspond to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 6 weeks of submitting your CV, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
4 Sep, 2020