Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) At MRI Botswana
Occupational Health Nurse (OHN)
Main Purpose of the JobReporting to the Clinic Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for activities in the occupational health and wellness unit, as well as presenting proposals to new clients and reporting progress to the Clinic Manager.
Core Areas of the Job
- Ensures that occupational Health and Wellness strategic objectives are met.
- Ensures proper documentation of statistics from the occupational health and wellness unit.
- Performs monthly audit/sampling on patient files and clinic module to ensure that minimum requirements are met on documenting patient information.
- Ensures that all services are run according to the prescribed standards by Botswana Health Professions Council (BHPC) and Ministry of Health and Wellness.
- Manages the effectiveness areas of subordinates and reviews targets
- Ensures that budgetary targets are met by coming up with initiatives to improve the business.
- Prepares monthly reports of the unit and submit to the clinic manager.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to ensure achievement of business objectives.
- Provides appropriate medical screening to patients/clients during wellness events or scheduled occupational screening.
- Checking all equipment to ensure serviceability.
- Ensures a high level of quality and customer care in the clinic
- Ensures adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Competencies & Skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organizing and planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good reporting skills
- Analytical with attention to detail
- Team leadership
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word,
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Nursing
- Valid registration with Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Postgraduate in Occupational Health Nursing
- Knowledge of ATLS, ACLS, AHCP and PALS will be added advantages
- Eight (8) years’ experience in a clinical environment
- At-least two years at post occupational health qualification
Closing date and application instructionsApplications which include a cover letter, and resume ONLY should be sent via email to:
The Human Resources Department
MRI Botswana Ltd
Private Bag BR 256
Closing Date: 04 September 2020
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.