Program Manager B-BBEE Vacancy At Amazon
Would you like to be part of an organization with leaders who are passionate about diversity and impacting the transformation growth of South Africa? Do you get excited about the opportunity to take actionable steps to make a positive impact on the employee experience for Amazonians of varying backgrounds, ideas, and points of view? Are you interested in influencing senior leaders to make a measurable positive impact on diverse talent? If these things excite you and have piqued your interest, then the Program Manager B-BBEE, focusing on Equity Equivalent Investment Program (EEIP) Manager for Amazon in South Africa might be the right opportunity for you.
We are seeking an experienced Program Manager with deep experience in B-BBEE Ownership Structuring and EEIP for the Strategic Implementation of the EEIP as set up by the B-BBEE Program Office. This is a senior role within the organization and will require applying strategic thinking to government legislation, problem-solving, and developing value-adding strategies which align B-BBEE legislation and objectives, the spirit of transformation, and business strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: Initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of each year’s EEIP rollout plan signed off by the B-BBEE Program Manager. This includes managing the EEIP process in its entirety, from the design of the advertising campaign and/or call to action to attract viable and appropriate candidates for the program, to managing the needs analysis process for each selected beneficiary entity, to matching skills internally and externally to the needs identified for the program roll-out, etc. Preparing reports for presentation to the B-BBEE Program Manager, AWS’ EEIP Committee, and the DTI’s EEIP Committee.
In respect of each approved cohort:
· Planning and Sequencing of activities
· Resource planning and schedule development
· Cost and time estimations
· Managing budgets
· Risk Analysis
· Partnering with appropriate internal and external partners on cost-effective delivery of programs
· Controlling quality of project outcomes
· At least 10 years relevant work experience,
· Post-Graduate Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance Economics, Business Management or related,
· B-BBEE MDP,
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in B-BBEE, including DTIC Codes of Good Practice, and Amended ICT Sector Codes,
· Demonstrated ability to conduct detailed reports, review policies, and facilitate a B-BBEE verification,
· Superior technical expertise in the interpretation and application of B-BBEE legislation, including all elements of the DTIC Codes and Amended ICT Sector Codes,
· Min 10+ years of small business development with a specific focus on B-BBEE and/or EEIP programs,
· Experience with building and implementing internal B-BBEE management information systems,
· Analysis and strategy creation,
· Experience with Excel and report writing.
Successful candidates will have experience driving, initiating, and delivering people-related change management programs, earning trust with customers, and translating policy into action.
Successful candidates will also have a technical background in small business development, be detail-driven, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about small business development, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement, and mentorship.
The ability to access and analyze quantitative and qualitative data, assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, address partner and/or beneficiary concerns, make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs as they implement specific guidance around the EEIP program execution is critical.
This role requires the ability to be a thought leader, to customize solutions to the Amazon South African organization and the unique Amazon culture, to educate and influence a team of passionate and engaged leaders, and the ability to translate strategies or prior practices into practical and actionable solutions.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.