Regional General Manager Southern Africa Region
We are looking for a passionate leader to take on the Regional General Manager responsibilities for the Epiroc Customer Centers in Southern Africa Region; covering South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Botswana and Mozambique.
The Regional General Manager will report to the President for the Tools & Attachments Division. The position is located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Your mission as Regional General Manager is to lead and develop the business in the region in all of its dimensions with full regional Profit & Loss responsibility including targets for revenue, profitability, operational efficiency, capital efficiency etc. for the Epiroc divisions.
As Regional General Manager, you have full responsibility for the consolidated operations in the region, driving the business with a focus on creating a supportive and growth-oriented atmosphere in the organization. The execution of the success should be through growing passionate and customer-centric teams, profitability as well as finding business synergies between different divisions, building new business opportunities and creating competitive customer solutions. Your role is multidimensional and you are expected to be facilitator, manager, team builder as well as a challenger to our local teams, as there is always a better way.
You are responsible to continuously develop and improve performance in terms of sales, profitability and capital efficiency for the operations in which safety awareness is the highest priority, and minimal environmental impact is a natural part of the culture.
Key focus areas in the role are:
- Organic growth built on a solid understanding of our customer base and market potential for our product offering, as well as strong territory, fleet and sales management to grow market share and increase consolidated profitability in your region. Special focus will be on growing the customer share and assuring the strong growth of our aftermarket (service and consumables). Re-inventing operational processes in the alignment of the South African Mining Charter.
- Continue building ‘One Region-One Team’ to further strengthen collaboration resulting in greater customer satisfaction. Securing the combined strength of all Epiroc business lines locally to continuously improve overall customer satisfaction. Building long-term customer relations and partnerships with key clients.
- Ensuring stability and predictability in the company’s financials in the region. Profitability based on good price management, functional cost efficiencies and operational excellence. Maintaining a high focus on working capital management with the vision to have our supply chain operations to be a competitive advantage in our industry and to our customers.
- Fostering a high performing organization, being the employer of choice with innovative and efficient people processes, where people flourish in our culture and there is a strong talent pipeline. Continuously improve gender diversity and employment equity in the region.
- Working closely with the Regional Centre of Excellence for Finance and HR, and Regional Supply Chain for boosting internal efficiency and external customer satisfaction respectively.
- Working with internal stakeholders to retain current Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (B-BBEE) status of Epiroc South Africa (Pty) Ltd at Level 2 as this is a business enabler for Epiroc in South Africa.
Who are you?
We are looking for a dynamic and result-oriented leader, with a good understanding of how to build profitable and long-term relationships with customers and other stakeholders. You lead with clear directions, ability to inspire people but also creativity through challenging the status quo, thinking outside the box for opportunities for organizational development and increased results. You have experience from leadership positions where you have nurtured a climate of customer centricity in an environment that develops both people and business.
You have a pro-active and solution-oriented mindset, with a strong ability to take strategy into execution. You naturally lead by example and being a true believer of our values you foster an inclusive work environment where people develop and grow to their full potential. In your previous roles, you have successfully built and developed high performing teams.
University degree in Business Management, Engineering or a related discipline is required. You have a strong commercial background, with 10+ years’ experience in sales management, preferably including management of indirect sales through distributors, dealership and rental business. Your solid knowledge of the market and your experience in the mining and construction segment helps you to understand market trends and the competitive landscape. You are skilled in effectively working with territory management, with the previous track record from of developing sound marketing plans and delivering expected results.
To succeed in this role, we believe it is important that you have solid financial knowledge with experience from analyzing balance sheets, income statements, monitoring results against targets and taking appropriate action. Strong communication skills in both written and verbal English is required. Other regional language skills are advantageous.
The position will include extensive travel.
Application and contacts
In this recruitment process, we review applications continuously. Welcome with your application as soon as possible, but no later than 7 October 2020.
For questions about the position please contact:
Goran Popovski, President Tools & Attachments, +46 19 670 72 59
Anna-Karin Genschou, VP HR Tools & Attachments, + 46 10 755 40 84
United. Inspired. Performance unites us, innovation inspires us, and commitment drives us to keep moving forward.
In the 150 countries where you can find Epiroc, we encourage our employees to take ownership of their own development and careers with the support from their leaders.
We are committed to giving you every opportunity to succeed in a culture of innovation, diversity and collaboration, combined with a caring atmosphere.
Diversity and sustainability are key to grow fresh and innovative ideas and solutions for our customers. Epiroc is a leading manufacturer for the mining and infrastructure industries. Learn more at www.epirocgroup.com