Admin Assistant – World Health Organization
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 1 Year
Closing Date: Feb 1, 2020, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Botswana-Gaborone
Organization: AF_BWA Botswana
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The country team is responsible for promoting technical cooperation, stimulating interest and coordinating assistance for health development based on global and regional strategies and WHO guidelines. It is also responsible for contributing to the collection, analysis and dissemination of health information
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of Program Managers; finalize them by WHO and departmental styles and check language, grammar and accuracy before submission for approval and signature;
2. Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of business plans in GSM / Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assist in the preparation of documents; sending materials and liaising with participants and others involved;
3. Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing attention to important issues. Schedule meetings of Program Administrators, according to schedules and needs; take minutes of meetings and follow up on issues requiring action to ensure prompt response to WHO requests;
4. Obtain information documents for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. which Program Administrators take part in, verify their availability and ensure that they have the appropriate information files and documents;
5. Ensure that technical reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them as necessary before submission to the Representative’s signature.
6. Use appropriate monitoring tools, monitor and ensure deadlines and deadlines are met, and correspondence and requests are analyzed and processed as soon as possible;
7. Use GSM to prepare requests for official travel by Program Administrators. Make airline and hotel reservations, prepare travel records and handle other related matters upon request;
8. Perform other related duties as required or directed, including support to the Administration and the Representative’s Office
Essential: Completion of secondary school followed by Administrative training and/or Management
Essential: 8years of relevant experience in a recognized public or private institution
Desirable: Experience in administrative support positions within the WHO or another UN agency is an asset. Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset
The incumbent will demonstrate mastery; actualize his knowledge in the use of modern office technology through internal courses, on the job or self-training. He/she keeps abreast of changes in procedures and practices, rules and regulations, organizational structure, in Country Office, organic group and WHO, to be able to brief and explain procedures to other members Staff
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable: Beginners knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at BWP 209,294 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to putting the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.