Driver – World Health Organization
Contractual Arrangement: Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration: 1
Closing Date: Feb 1, 2020, 12:59:00 AM
Primary Location: Botswana-Gaborone
Organization: AF_BWA Botswana
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organizational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the leadership of Head of WHO Country Office and the overall guidance of Operations Assistant, the incumbent is assigned the following responsibilities:- Drives office vehicles to provide transportation of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required:- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs, regular servicing and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean.- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumptions, oil changes, greasing, etc.- Ensures that the steps required by the rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident;- Performs other duties as required
Essential: At least completion of secondary education or equivalent and possession of a valid professional driving license for light-duty vehicle and a valid Public Service Vehicle License
Essential: At least 2 years of driving experience as a driver and A safe driving record.
Desirable: UN experience would be an advantage
Driving rules and regulations of the country;- Familiarity with office procedures and transport needs of the office;- Knowledge of driver courtesies;- Ability to read, write and understand instructions in the official working languages and;- Ability to write concise and faithful reports of accidents, when applicable
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of the local language.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at BWP 76,196 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- If your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to putting the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.