Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants Continuing Professional Development
Continuing Professional Development
BICA’s approach to CPD aims to ensure that learning and development remains relevant to individual members at all stages of their careers. The CPD requirements have been designed to achieve the following objectives:
- help members identify areas of development which are relevant and support their careers.
- assure employers that members are meeting a global standard of development and approach their work in a responsible and ethical mannerensure a transparent and measurable approach to CPD.
- provide members with a flexible approach to professional development.
The BICA CPD requirements fully comply with the CPD Standard (IES 7) released by the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) in May 2004. If you would like to find out more about the Standard (IES 7), please visit www.ifac.org.
All active BICA members, including practising certificate holders, those who work part-time or are semi-retired, are required to participate in BICA’s CPD scheme from 1 January 2007.
CPD can be achieved through the unit route or the IFAC body route.
All participating members are required to submit an annual CPD return by 1 January following the CPD year.
As the CPD requirements are in place from 1 January, the first CPD return is due by 1 January. Members must also keep evidence of their participation in one of the routes to CPD for three years.
- CPD Declaration Form 2018
- CPD Summary Form
- CPD Evidence Record Form
- Click here to download the full information of CPD.
Click here to download 2019 proposed schedule of CPD events.