Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants Membership Database
Broad Range of Services
Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants counts among its membership resident members of the chartered and public bodies of accountants recognised under statute by the various countries including the UK, South Africa, India, Zambia, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. The institute strives to ensure that its members provide a high quality of services comparable to international standards. The Institute members provide the following services; Accountancy, Taxation, Management Consultancy, Computer Consultancy, Company Secretarial, Audit, Investigations, Recruitment, Liquidation.
Any person intending to practice as a Certified Public Accountant will have to be an associate or fellow member of the Institute and must have obtained a practising certificate from the Council.
To obtain a Certified Auditing Certificate, the member
- Must have an office or place of business in Botswana.
- Must have been a member of the Institute continuously for a period of not less than 2 years.
- Before or after or partly before and partly after admission to membership of the Institute must have completed a period of not less than thirty months of approved accountancy experience under the supervision of a principal in an approved training office of a firm of public accountants.
- Must have obtained within five years preceding his application for a practising certificate, a further period, being not less than twelve months, of post qualification experience under the supervision of a principal in an approved training office of a firm of public accountants.
- Must have passed such examinations as may from time to time be prescribed by the Council.
- Must have professional indemnity insurance
To obtain a Certified Auditing Certificate, Download Application forms
The practising certificate must be renewed on an annual basis by payment of the prescribed fees.