Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants Membership Requirements
Who Should be a Member
A person may apply to the institute to be registered as a professional accountant, in such form and manner as may be prescribed if he or she has fulfilled the qualification criteria for the institute in that he or she.
- Holds the Botswana Professional Accountancy Qualification and
- Has satisfied the practical training requirements and other internship related prerequisites, or
- Is a member of an IFAC recognized professional accountancy body and satisfies the institute ‘s requirements relating to qualifications in the field of accountancy and
- Has a minimum of three years practical experience in the field of accountancy.
Who Can be a Member
Any person other than a body corporate
- Who has attained the age of 21 years
- Is resident in Botswana
- Has passed such examinations as may from time to time be prescribed by the Council.
- Is, in the opinion of the Council, a fit and proper person to be admitted as a member of the institute and
- Is a member in good standing of such other institute or professional body of accountants, which is recognised by the Institute.
Schedule 1 Forms
- Membership Re-registration
- Membership Renewal
- Member Firm Renewal – Audit
- Member Firm Renewal – Non Audit
- Member Firm Renewal – Non Audit Accounting Technician
- Membership Renewal – Certified Auditor
- Membership Upgrade